JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
what would you say on a brand of a AK 7.62x39 would be a good buy. There is so many out there and the price is all over I have got lost in them. I want one the is well made but just not sure what to get. would like to hear what you guys think. I see they are for sell every where and I do not know where to go please help.:huh::huh:

If I'm not mistaken the Romanian ones can be unreliable, I may be wrong, someone chime in if I am.

There are some that are originally made elsewhere but refurbished with "American" parts that used to sell for around $500-$600.

I'd suggest starting with a 5.45x39: <broken link removed>

Ammo is cheaper and lighter to carry, recoil is less, and mags are the same price. I'm an admitted akaholic and in hindsight, I got into AKs backward. I love all of mine and have an equal number of 7.62 and 5.45 (even a 5.56), but the 5.45s are my favorite (the Tantal really got me going on 5.45s.

If you want a 7.62, try shooting some and see if you want an underfolder. The Polish made rifles are top notch and you won't be disappointed. You can find fixed stock Polish rifles but the underfolders are much more common. Bulgarian rifles would be second in my book.

Romanian rifles can be hit or miss, it all depends on the builder. I don't have a problem with mine at all.

The best AK is a FAL if you want a great weapon!!!

Im actually building my 1st ak right now!!! its a 7" pistol build. From what I know... An ak is an ak, there are some better than others, but you should be ok with most... Im no expert in the AK world!!! maybe someone with some more info than me will post...

I ended up going the 7.62x39 road because you can still find ammo for cheap, and I can get it locally as well as online...

copes dist has 500rds of 7.62x39 for $109 and 5.99 shipping!!! I have a case on the way!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top