JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back when $69 would buy an SKS in cosmoline & another 60 would get a case of 1240 rnds in strippers a buddy took his up onto Larch Mtn & ran 1/2 of the case thru as fast as he could, then put in in a clear water puddle because the finish was bubbling off of the HG, then ran the rest thru it w/o any burps of any kind.

I just took my '65 /26\ SKS to the range yesterday. I have owned several SKS, now down to this one (1) which I am keeping. I shoot it 2-3 times a year. It is a reliable and fun shooter, rugged and easy to wield. The trigger is the weak point of the platform, IMO.

Last Edited:
Also owned a bunch. 😁

Back in the 90s when this was fun a local buddy w/ ffl & I would get together & order 100 NOS Arsenal 26s & 50 Russians B 4 the 3 day EXPO shows.
Cost was under $100 on the A26s & 150 on the Ruskies, also NOS.

We'd glean out a few Keepers & Blow the rest out at the shows.
There were none left over..😁😁😁

Now I only have an early Ars26 Blade Bayo RVN Bring Back & a 1969 mfg of the all matching 26s from RVN to Albania...

So when MushBrainBind-On sends his Zombies I'll be ready...😉😉😉

1) I really tried back in the day to make as SKS into an AK. I came to the point where I realized that it made a pretty poor AK. I then came to appreciate it for what it was, rather than what it wasn't.
The Marysville Rifle Club has hunter sight in prior to hunting season. One guy brought an SKS that he obviously wished was an AK - more Arkansas gingerbread than I ever saw on one gun. He spent the whole afternoon and all the ammo he brought (which was a lot) and it was still not zeroed when he left.
Another fellow showed up with a bone stock Norinco SKS, which he sighted in with ~20 rds and 1/2 hour. (Hey it was fun and he wasn't in a hurry.)

I too wish I had some of the cars and bikes I had in the past.
3 Indian Chiefs
57 cu in Stroker Indian Scout
Knucklehead chopper with suicide clutch & jockey shift
Sunbeam Tiger
'67 Ford GTA 390
Still have and intend to keep
'41 chief - rolling but not running. Thinking about getting it roadworthy.
'49 Suburban
'79 Ironhead with sidecar

40 SKS, 30 actually, I sold 10 to 3 guys this year. Of the heap that's, left there's 9 Paratroopers in the pile. NO AKs or ARs.
4 AMXs. 2 Javalins, 3 Sunbeam Tigers. PAX

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads