JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AR-15's are produced here & production has gone up to meet demand. AK's are produced using imported parts and those aren't flowing in like they used to (if at all). That's my guess...

Er, I mean, because an AK is way better than an AR.... :s0114:

I think they're running out of surplus parts kits. Although, they always seem to find one more warehouse with these things stashed away.

Arsenal is now selling converted Saiga/AK's - I'd guess the next wave (assuming no new import restrictions/AWB/etc.) will be Saiga conversions rather than guns built on parts kits.

Remember when you could buy a pallet with 100 Mac-10/11's on it for $600, only $6 a gun and people couldn't sell them... I don't remember it but have heard it from others :D and now that gun sells for $3400 NIB. I think its kinda the same thing.... As for foreign parts.. I just paid $229 for my last Yugo Underfold parts kit, after welding the receiver it was less than $350 for a nicely built Yugo, I don't see why a company can't buy in bulk and build them for $250 and sell them for $400, there are piles of AK's sitting around in russia.
If you have ever seen the movie Lord Of War, they show piles of weapons, all those weapons were real, not fakes because at the filming it was cheaper to buy a real weapon than a fake one.

Between 1991-2006, U.S. total violent crime and murder rates decreased 38 percent and 42 percent, respectively and preliminary reports from the FBI indicate that rates dropped further in 2007. Meanwhile, the number of privately-owned firearms has risen by more than 75 million, about one-third of them being semi-automatics, and about 15 percent of semi-automatics being "assault weapons."

Of new guns sold in the U.S. since 1985, semi-automatic handguns have accounted for about 75 percent of handguns and about 30 percent of all guns. Semi-automatic rifles and shotguns have accounted for significant percentages of long guns. Fifty percent of guns imported since 1985 are handguns, the vast majority semi-automatic. (BATFE, Firearms Commerce in the United States, 2001/2002 and Annual Manufacturing and Export Reports, 1998-2006, and U.S. International Trade Commission.) Through 1984, 36 percent of guns in the U.S. were handguns. (Gary Kleck, Targeting Guns, Aldine de Gruyter, 1997, p. 97.) Semi-automatics previously accounted for a smaller share of handguns.

This is from the NRA website. So when you think of all the guns in the US, only a small percentage are assault weapons. Basically, its just hype. There are not that many percentage wise and are not used that often in crime. That in and of itself is a diversion because it links the object to the result not the criminal.

What I think is crazier than the Ar vs AK price wise is the AK47 vs. AK74. - While you can still buy Mil-surp - 5.45x39 - I am unaware of reloading equipment or of 5.45x39 brass. Worlwide thier is supposed to be over 100 million AK's. As well as mags being more expensive and lot less common than AK47's. Just my .02

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top