JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im not happy with the trigger on my AK and i want to change it out. Does anybody have any experience changing one out. And could you recommend a trigger group thats 50$ or lower. Will i need to take it to a gunsmith or can i do it myself.

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread. If not the mods please put into correct forum.

You can do it. Just gotta figure out how the axis pins are held in.
here's a few methods used;
FB01_hooks_all.jpg
hookguide.jpg
imagesqtbnANd9GcSZKfrTzJo0itXW7l_soLwhLZxl5havfM8AjL8T_UPvppK1lPB2.jpg
imagesqtbnANd9GcRLK5E_q6NaOpWDDE7W3xW-zFYw6RPyFFtKUc3MtKBjAmJmw-lrWA.jpg

Just observe how the axis pins are retained when removing.

As for aftermarket units, for an AK, without any work done to the FCG, I'd say go with the Arsenal FCG.

For a Saiga-12 or Vepr-12, use the Tapco because the sear is at the correct height.
I like to refine the tapco myself though by milling grooves on the lever and polishing a few surfaces for a smoother pull, cuz I'm just a pimp like that. ;)

MatchTrigger002.jpg

Here's a video that should give you an idea... Except you likely have no BHO, so yours will be easier;
Saiga Shotgun & Rifle Trigger Installation with the Bolt Hold Open Lever - YouTube

You don't have to replace the retainer spring. Some people prefer the retainer plate style. I myself, prefer the springs. The double hook G2 triggers are the same price as the single hook G2 triggers. I've never felt that much difference between the single hook and double hook triggers but others have claimed that the double hook isn't as smooth.

I have quite a large collection of ak's and have tried all kind of triggers. The arsenal triggers I have tried have been hit or miss. Some have had trigger slap and some haven't. The tapco triggers have all been very smooth and I continue to use them. However, the Romanian surplus triggers that you can get for $10-$15 are surprisingly decent.

Awesome thanks for the quick reply 22many, and i am now going with the single hook tapco g2. You guys have been a great help. Thanks everybody.

It doesnt reset about every 6 to 10 shots.

Ah. That would be legitimate concern. Akbuilder.com and apexgunparts.com has great prices on triggers. I've ordered several through both and they are great companies to deal with.

RSA has a all milled, adjustable trigger that I have heard great reviews. A bit over your budget at around $70-$80 but you can adjust it to your preference.

akbuilder was the first place i went to. got a tapco single hook g2 from them. then got a krebs retainer plate on midway. they should get here about the same time. i cant wait!

If I were you I would consider a double hook, it is easy enough to work the receiver to accommodate the double hook....I would get the G2 with a receiver plate instead of the shepherds crook

I would rather go with the single hook. And i did get the receiver plate to replace the shepherds crook.

So i finally got the trigger group in and retainer plate in yesterday and switched them out today. It was very easy and took me less then 30 minutes. Now i can't wait to take it out and see how this trigger performs. I was really concerned when i took out the old trigger. Somebody did some very serious grinding on the Hook that catches the hammer and on the hammer itself. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish.

Do it yourself. That way you can learn.
If you've got any troubles there are a ton of videos and threads talking about how to make the install go smoother.
As for the trigger groups.. a simple tapco G2 will get the job done and do it well.
I do have a double hook in my Saiga.. it fit without having to dremel out a second notch and works very well.

Resurrecting this thread. I am the proud new owner of a Serbian AK47 underfolder. The trigger slap is downright painful.
I saw a YouTube where a guy removed the tang on the back of the disconnector.

The trigger is satisfactory for me except for the slap.

Should I fix or replace?

Any considerations for the import regulations?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top