JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking closer, it appears those are the same size as my QD swivels which won't allow the hook (specifically the ring the hook is attached to) to pass through and therefore I cannot mount it as necessary. I'll either have to find an even bigger QD swivel or else I'm looking at buying a new sling.

How close is it to fitting thru, think 1.5" will work?
Heavy Duty 1.5 Oval QD Swivel Set (2 QD Swivels)

If you have trouble with the front clip/want to swap the sling to other
rifles quickly, we just started using these:

Blueforce gear wire uloop

Pretty simple, neat & easy to use.

Without these, I need needle nose pliers on some of the standard AK sling clips. They also make it easier to clean the rifles. I pull the slings so the cotton duck won't get soaked (we shoot corrosive).

How close is it to fitting thru, think 1.5" will work?
Heavy Duty 1.5 Oval QD Swivel Set (2 QD Swivels)
It's the width of the ring that stops it from working. It is possible I could crush the ring down to make it fit but that's certainly not ideal.
abcd.jpg

Well good news and bad news. Good news is Knebel was right. It fed through with some effort turning sideways. Bad news is Boboclown is also right. This sling is too short to effectively use unless I want it hanging off my neck. I'm imagining a small extension between the qd and the sling itself - not sure if something like this is made or if people use paracord OR ditch the idea and move to another sling..... :(

It feeds through when sideways....

AK slings are short and typically you can really only adjust it to hang off your neck.

If you just want a sling to see how you'll run it with one, vs without:

$5, black or tan. You'll still need to figure attachment with these tho. Pretty decent, given the price point. Handy to have extras around.

Free shipping currently, if you hit a $49 mark. So, if you have a need for spare parts etc, that's normally what I do on midway stuf, bundle stuff when they have specials (every other week...).

Not for a running & gunnin type setup, just simple inexpensive slings.

If you'll be runnin & gunnin, or if the gun may be a PDW role, then yah start off with something nicer as mentioned above.

Well good news and bad news. Good news is Knebel was right. It fed through with some effort turning sideways. Bad news is Boboclown is also right. This sling is too short to effectively use unless I want it hanging off my neck. I'm imagining a small extension between the qd and the sling itself - not sure if something like this is made or if people use paracord OR ditch the idea and move to another sling..... :(
It isn't uncommon to have the ak hang off your neck or just not use the sling for anything other than carrying the rifle.

2C8A2BDA-B4BA-4E5C-A7D6-63744018870B.jpeg 622D24A8-BCA0-4022-AF17-B228C2578074.jpeg

OK I see your problem, you do not know how to properly install a traditional AK sling (you have it backwards and are feeding the triglide incorrectly). Watch this video and at the 1:10 minute mark install a QD swivel and plug it in the provided socket.

I watched the same YouTube video when I bought a Polish AK. But I have wood buttstock instead of a folding stock. I have sling very loose so I can sling it like I do with my AR.