JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have a side folding CNC warrior stock that folds to the right, putting the QD socket on the left side.

I also have standard AK sling that for the most part, looks like this:
european-style-ak47-sling.jpg
My SAR-1 has the typical sling mount up near the front of the handguard. Is there any way to make this sling work with this type of stock and the QD mount? Or should I be looking at a different type of sling?

You mean the Sling Mount will point toward the receiver? Do you have Pics for better understanding?
I'll get better pictures later . The small clip attaches up front. Originally the back side of the strap threaded through a slot built into the wooden stock but that stock has been replaced and there is now only a qd socket. Seems like the strap worked better with the old stock

Which stock do you have, the Bone, Tubular or M4?

The M4 is a no brainer, for the Bone or Tubular you could Prusik Hitch or other knot with 550 cord more to the rear of the stock where the attachment point belongs.

You have to thread the hook through the triglide to make a fabric loop for the metal sling swivel.
That was how I had it with the old wood stock. The loop in the sling wrapped around a metal loop in the stock. If I do that with this, the sling will slide around on the tubular stock which isn't ideal to me. Wish there was a spot to tie it.

OK I see your problem, you do not know how to properly install a traditional AK sling (you have it backwards and are feeding the triglide incorrectly). Watch this video and at the 1:10 minute mark install a QD swivel and plug it in the provided socket.

I'm not sure I understand the problem... Do you have a QD mount? Is the problem putting the sling on the QD mount or is it that the mount will fold?

I'm not sure I understand the problem... Do you have a QD mount? Is the problem putting the sling on the QD mount or is it that the mount will fold?

There is no problem, when I first read it I thought the the stock was folding on to the QD socket, which is why I suggested the 550 but that is not the issue, the issue is the incorrect use of the provided sling.

On a side note, there is no sling connection problems at the rear of the gun the cannot be solved with 550 cord, the front connection is only hampered heat which can be resolved with a Blue Force gear UWL, other than that is also 100% capable. That said, I exclusively use BF VCAS slings with whatever attachment I deem necessary for the individually weapon. That Prusik knot I mentioned earlier was something I used on a AK wire folder and a prime example of that sort of 550 flexibility.

I understand I have the front of the sling attached wrong. I also was trying to take a picture with one hand while balancing the rifle in the other to get a decent picture so was mostly concerned with that.

While the video is helpful it still doesn't address dealing with the qd mount unless I have an extra small qd mount because I am unable to thread the hook through that qd mount the way the guy in video did using the attachment point on the stock.

My guess is I'll need to find a qd swivel with a wider "mouth" to thread the hook and sling through

OK I see your problem, you do not know how to properly install a traditional AK sling (you have it backwards and are feeding the triglide incorrectly). Watch this video and at the 1:10 minute mark install a QD swivel and plug it in the provided socket.

You're not wrong. I come from AR background and have scarce knowledge of the AK so am trying to cover some lost ground by gathering info on NWFA

Might fit through these....if not, go single point.
Looking closer, it appears those are the same size as my QD swivels which won't allow the hook (specifically the ring the hook is attached to) to pass through and therefore I cannot mount it as necessary. I'll either have to find an even bigger QD swivel or else I'm looking at buying a new sling.