JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is this something that is easily done, or is it something that has to be done during assembly of the flat?
I mean the nice welded/spot welded, permanant rail for mounting the side mount.

I would figure any competent welder with a TIG setup could do the work without damaging the firearm.

NOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

they are riveted on when built, there are screw on versions out there as an "add on"

<broken link removed>
Rivit on for reference...

DO NOT WELD ONE ON

another option, which will work WELL if you're planning on a red-dot:

AK-47 Scope Mount, Stocks, Mini-14 Scope Mount, M1 .30 Carbine Scope Mount

I'm running the Ultimak with a Primary Arms dot on my SLR-107. Awesome combo, works well for me.

54057_1375521958505_1545520164_810988_7190969_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll double check when I get home, but I'm failry sure my PSL has the thing spot welded on.
I'm really kinda set on the side mount.

they are riveted on when built, there are screw on versions out there as an "add on"

Why not? It would be cheaper and faster to have someone align and TIG the mount to the weapon rather than having someone drill and rivet it. I specifically said 'TIG' welding since it is a much cooler process than a MIG and won't have a chance of warping the metal. With the combination of a heat-sink paste there is no danger of ruining the gun.

My opinion isn't based on reliability since a weld can break from repeated stress just as easily as a rivet, I was merely thinking of expediency.

EDIT: I find it funny that this was me 666th post...EVIL REPLY!!!!!!

<broken link removed>
Rivit on for reference...

DO NOT WELD ONE ON

another option, which will work WELL if you're planning on a red-dot:

AK-47 Scope Mount, Stocks, Mini-14 Scope Mount, M1 .30 Carbine Scope Mount

I'm running the Ultimak with a Primary Arms dot on my SLR-107. Awesome combo, works well for me.

DO NOT LISTEN TO BOO!!! He shoots Southpaw, and you know how those types are!

54057_1375521958505_1545520164_810988_7190969_o.jpg

keepthatcrapoff.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this something that is easily done, or is it something that has to be done during assembly of the flat?
I mean the nice welded/spot welded, permanant rail for mounting the side mount.

I put one on my RPK After I built it. Drill 3 holes and rivet it on. It's not hard. It does help if you have the right tools. The rivet press I use is from AKBuilder.com and works great for this.