JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All the AK flats I've seen have the holes pre drilled. If you order a pre bent flat, it's sent to an FFL and you then go through the background check.
Senate bill 941 prohibits someone from bending the flat into a receiver and then handing it over to you unless you go through the BC.
You can buy or rent the bending jig and bend all the flats you want.

All the AK flats I've seen have the holes pre drilled. If you order a pre bent flat, it's sent to an FFL and you then go through the background check.
Senate bill 941 prohibits someone from bending the flat into a receiver and then handing it over to you unless you go through the BC.
You can buy or rent the bending jig and bend all the flats you want.

Henderson Defense sells a pre bent lower with no holes, that doesn't have to go through an FFL (out of stock now).
80% AK47 Receiver Blank - Henderson Defense Industries

As does AKBuilder.com.
NEW Bent Polish Receiver Blanks - 80% Complete

It is correct that someone can't do the work for you with out a BGC (federal law as interpreted by the ATF https://www.atf.gov/file/11711/download (look at Ares Arms for an example of that)) but, I can't find anything in SB 941 (or I 594 for that matter) that mentions anything about 80% builds.

Anyone near pdx have the ability to bend an ak reciver? I can compensate you.

A lot of people are afraid to help someone and or loan tools because of the ATF letter, but if I remember correctly @Contract_Pilot sells a lot of the parts and helps people with building AKs.

Ray

The last I heard Contract Pilot quit doing build parties for just those reasons explained before.
He might still be selling the bending jigs.

Yes, I have Flats & Bending Jigs

Yes, Tool loan can still happen!

Build parties are still a no-no! But if everyone leaves with an incomplete receiver or they all bring their own tooling they can leave with a complete one. Then build parties can happen.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top