JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just traded for a WASR 10 rifle. The Rifle is brand new. So im assuming everything is "stock" on the gun. My question is with the 922. First off I do know the 922 laws, just not so much an AK. I learned about it when I owned my saiga. With my saiga, you only had to change 4 parts to make it a pistol grip. The stock (1) and the magazine counts as (3). I want to put a side folder on my AK. But I dont want to change the handguards or the the FCG (fire contol group). So is my AK like my saiga. Once I get a Tapco side folder do I just need to use USA made magazines? Also this stock is so tight in the gun, I have tried removing it but I cant. Any Help please.:s0155:

If it's a Century WASR10, you can add any parts you want or none. It is built to be compliant with 922r.

You can add any US made parts you want. You can also replace any existing import parts with import parts or US parts. Does not matter.

ETA: you need to be careful with removing the existing US made components. Muzzle device, FCG and gas piston. If you were to replace with US made parts, no problems.

Have you tried prying the stock out of the trunion with a big screwdriver? I've had to do that before.

When the WASR is imported into the US and then "converted" from "sporting purposes" to something more like an AK (ie. magwell cut out to take standard AK magazines), the importer (I think this is usually Century) makes the gun 922 compliant in order to sell it. I do not know if the importer used the three pieces of the magazine to count toward the compliance parts. This means I don't know if you can use imported high capacity mags for the gun. If you bought it from a store, brand new (sort of), I would check the magazine that came with the gun. If there are three foreign made parts, then you can use any mag you want. If the mag is all US made, you probably need to use all US made mags because they, more likely than not, are using the mag toward the part count.

If you are using the mags that came with the gun (from the importer) or are using all US made mags, you can just make sure that any part you replace (regardless of origin), you replace with a US made part. That way you know that the gun started out compliant and you have not increased the net number of foreign parts.

Remember that you can have no more than 10 imported parts in your gun. If you are concerned about the parts count and want to use foreign made magazines, I would check the parts on your gun on this list, looking for an origin stamp so that you know what to count or not. That said, I think the process might be a little tedious. I marked the parts I am pretty sure are Romanian. There may be more.

(1) Receiver ROMANIAN

(2) Barrels ROMANIAN

(3) Barrel extensions N/A

(4) Mounting blocks, trunnion (rifles only) ROMANIAN

(5) Muzzle attachments NEED TO CHECK

(6) Bolts ROMANIAN

(7) Bolt carriers ROMANIAN

(8) Operating rods N/A

(9) Gas pistons NEED TO CHECK

(10) Trigger housings N/A

(11) Triggers NEED TO CHECK

(12) Hammers NEED TO CHECK

(13) Sears N/A

(14) Disconnectors NEED TO CHECK

(15) Buttstock NEED TO CHECK-Probably Romanian

(16) Pistol grips NEED TO CHECK-Probably Romanian

(17) Forearms, handguards NEED TO CHECK-Probably Romanian

(18) Magazine bodies NEED TO CHECK

(19) Followers NEED TO CHECK

(20) Floorplates NEED TO CHECK

I have a Maadi akm. I changed the stock to a folder, the forend to ati, and am using us made mag's. That is 6 922r parts i count. Legal or not?

Hey 45's. Welcome to the AK world. May I suggest you shoot the AK first. My AK has a terrible trigger slap. I bought a FCG kit for it, to remedy that problem. I have two Saiga 12's, as you know same manufacturer. Have you been to: http://forum.saiga-12.com/ Like here, lots of AK info in the AK-47 section.

I have ten 30 round mags and a 100 round drum, even after 100 rounds we still ask; "is that all 100 rounds". You'll love-it!

Good luck with your mods, and have fun!

If it's a Century WASR10, you can add any parts you want or none. It is built to be compliant with 922r.

You can add any US made parts you want. You can also replace any existing import parts with import parts or US parts. Does not matter.

ETA: you need to be careful with removing the existing US made components. Muzzle device, FCG and gas piston. If you were to replace with US made parts, no problems.

Have you tried prying the stock out of the trunion with a big screwdriver? I've had to do that before.

Good Idea. So it is built already compliant & I can change whatever parts I want. It doesnt matter?

Hey 45's. Welcome to the AK world. May I suggest you shoot the AK first. My AK has a terrible trigger slap. I bought a FCG kit for it, to remedy that problem. I have two Saiga 12's, as you know same manufacturer. Have you been to: http://forum.saiga-12.com/ Like here, lots of AK info in the AK-47 section.

I have ten 30 round mags and a 100 round drum, even after 100 rounds we still ask; "is that all 100 rounds". You'll love-it!

Good luck with your mods, and have fun!

Thanks for the welcome but this is my 3rd AK 47. I usually sold em for something better. I'd like to change the stock to a Tapco sidefolder or a romanian side folder. Unless I can get a "straight trade for a glock" Ill keep it.
+ I have the most perfect place to put it, If I get the side folder.

Is there just the one screw in the Stock to hold it on, bought a Century with laminated stock and what to take it off, is it just the one screw and pry it off......Ray

Ray you will have 2 screws to remove, one is under the recoil spring where it slides into the rear trunion.

Then you can pry it out with a big screwdriver...OR use a nickel and a long socket extention and hammer to pound it out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top