JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Palmetto State Armory AK-P GF3 is $1350.
The Arsenal SAM7K-44 is $2400.

How does Arsenal justify the extra $1000? The Palmetto has a thinner receiver (1mm vs 1.5mm) and is missing a stable optics mount but I don't think that justifies an extra $1000.

I've been eyeballing GunBroker for about a month and it looks like those are the main options for an AK pistol right now. Anything else out there worth considering? Preferably with a side-folding brace and decent muzzle threading for a suppressor. Supposedly the ZPAP 92's have inconsistent machining for the muzzle threading, so you can't reliably mount a suppressor.

Arsenal isn't worth what you'll pay, but with their milled options you're getting the best AK money can buy and a possible future collector's item that will likely never lose value. Their heat treatment and forgings are excellent. PSA has had many growing pains with their AKs and generally aren't expected to last as long. Mine had a nice finish, an area where Arsenal suffers.

If I'm going off of what I've read in multiple places, no matter what AK you buy you must have barrel concentricity checked before suppressing. Even then you'll have a weapon that won't suppress well, they just aren't the best for that role. I would suggest a Kalashnakov USA or ZPAP for bang for your buck and only the ZPAP if you want your investment to maintain value.

I just looked it up and the arsenal Sam7k-44 is $1880 today. I bought one right before covid for $1050. Arsenal always puts their price at the top of the market. They are the best AK pistol or rifle to buy in today's market imo. The hammer forged receiver is tougher, the fit, finish, and quality control is very good. They are also unique in their own little ways like the thumb safety. I love mine and it lives suppressed with no mods and great wear patterns

309A9222-0F53-4CC8-B4D6-B5E772794814.jpeg

The ZPAPs from Zastava are solid (have an M85 alpha) I bought the same time as my M70, they came in on Friday and the fit / finish / quality is all there and then some. I'd stay away from the U.S AKs if possible. The Arsenals are nice, but no where even close to 2k nice.

Milled receiver isn't just thicker, its milled from barstock vs stamped which is essentially sheet metal stamped into a receiver.

That aside, you're paying for import vs domestic, arsenal's name (which carries a lot), and supply and demand. Keep in mind Arsenal also has a lot of military contracts to fulfill so they aren't coming in massive numbers either.

But of the two which would I pick? Arsenal. I'm just not buying PSA AKs.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top