Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AK Parts locally

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by HarryHaller, Sep 2, 2013.

1. HarryHaller

HarryHaller Kalama, WA Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Wondering if someone knew of a good spot to grab some Ak parts, stocks, handguards, triggers, Shepards hook, retaining plate, etc. I know a lot if online places and that's what I've been using so far on my parts needs but something about me likes to go into a store and hunt around. I currently need a Shepards hook/retaining plate for a saiga 12. By locally I mean anywhere between Seattle and Salem.

2. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Sadly, no.
    No one shop around here that I know of specializes in AKM parts or even mags for that matter.

Some mags here and there but no circle 10s, US palms etc.

Really wish they would though. They'd make money off me hand over fist.
    Im a sucker for AK stuff.

Let us know if you find somewhere!

3. HarryHaller

HarryHaller Kalama, WA Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Thanks, I'll keep you posted if I find em. I know there's a guy at the Portland gun shows that has FAL, AR, and some AK parts, I was disappointed with his selection last time.

I'm aiming for a plate on the saiga, bought the tapco one and it doesn't fit in my saiga or SAR 1. I'm likely just going to order a Krebs online.

4. notchman

notchman Kitsap Peninsula, WA Member

Go with the Krebs plate. Bought one for my WASR and it fits in easily and makes teardown and reassembly a breeze.