Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ak parts compatability

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by archeofuturist, Jan 4, 2013.

1. archeofuturist

archeofuturist I can see three volcano's from here New Member

Looking to pick up some spare parts for my m&m m10 762. It started life as a romanian.

If I buy a polish or bulgarian parts kit, will the parts be compatable?

Please, forgive the novice question.

2. RRC Firearms

RRC Firearms Gaston, OR Family owned and operated...

What parts are you trying to replace? Most AK parts are compatible but there are some out there that are not. More details would help...

Rich

3. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Technically you wanna be careful about the 922R Bull crap but I think you should be fine. Share a list of things you plan on putting on the AK..... I too have a M10.
    2013-01-05171905.jpg

4. RRC Firearms

Here is a good 922r calculator to help out Section 922r

5. archeofuturist

archeofuturist I can see three volcano's from here New Member

Thanks guys. I'm not interested in lowering the US parts number whatsoever. I am looking to ensure that I have on hand any parts that may need replacing down the road due to wear and tear or breakage. I tend to think that with all the talk going on right now, that parts may become hard to impossible to find or will be so expensive so as to not be able to afford to repair anything if need be.

What exactly wears out on AK's? I was thinking bolt and bolt carrier, gas tube, rails, etc...

As far as my own tastes, I'd like to put a red dot and a light on it. That's about it.

Thoughts?

6. RRC Firearms

I don't honestly think that you really need to keep spare parts for your AK as long as you take care of it and clean it after using it. They are built to take a beating and last for a long time.

I've got a Red dot on my AK74 makes for a nice combo, not sure about a light but that just me I don't care for the extra weight.

7. pogi

pogi Gresham, OR Active Member

Firing pin, disconnector spring (good to have a spare).....That's about it.

You can swap out bolt carriers and gas tubes at will. Bolts will need to be checked for headspacing if you swap them.

E. Euro items pretty much go together except for Yugo parts. Yugo, Chinese, and some Romanian (if you get into 5.45 Romy AIMS rifles) are oddballs.