JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've bought many things from J&G Sales over the years. Good company to deal with. Top notch CS. Good prices, solid products.

Roger that...I'll deal with Midway USA, J&G Sales and AIM Surplus before I'll deal with Cabelas, Sportsman's Guide and Cheaper Than Dirt.

And don't even get me started on BOTAC...I've spent more money on them than I care to count just to get shat on by their customer service, have products never come that I ordered and have the wrong items come even when I ordered by part number.

If you're still looking for an AK 74, I just got one of these and it's pretty sweet.

<broken link removed>

Three mags and free shipping for $370. Very not bad. Also picked up 1080 rounds of ammo for 160 shipped the other day.

As of now, AR-15 M-4. However I do plan on buying an AK-47 at some point in the future as well as they are fun as heck to shoot and everytime I pull the trigger on one I feel a little bit more hair grow on my chest.

If you're still looking for an AK 74, I just got one of these and it's pretty sweet.

<broken link removed>

Three mags and free shipping for $370. Very not bad. Also picked up 1080 rounds of ammo for 160 shipped the other day.

I paid more for a used Century Arms one from a forum member, plus we had to find an FFL to do the paperwork.

Hmmm... maybe I should get another one..........

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Side note question: Where did you get the ammo for $160?

I paid $299 for 2160 rds a month ago shipping included. In fact ammoman still has it for that price. It's the 53 grain not the 70. The 70 grain is far more expensive at $289/1000

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

lets put one thing to rest, the focal point is $700...what to buy as a full rifle setup. I think any shooter would say the 74 is a great way to get loaded up and stay within budget.

now if the OP said he needed a good load out for $3500, I'd recommend him to get a noveske ar15, or any truly well assembled ar15 with a nice optic. The AR15 is very much a rifleman's rifle.

but if the OP said he wanted a squad weapon for $1500, CMP M1 Garand. ;-) now that's a rifle worth writing about. screw the 39 when you got 30-06 or 308.

lets put one thing to rest, the focal point is $700...what to buy as a full rifle setup. I think any shooter would say the 74 is a great way to get loaded up and stay within budget.

now if the OP said he needed a good load out for $3500, I'd recommend him to get a noveske ar15, or any truly well assembled ar15 with a nice optic. The AR15 is very much a rifleman's rifle.

but if the OP said he wanted a squad weapon for $1500, CMP M1 Garand. ;-) now that's a rifle worth writing about. screw the 39 when you got 30-06 or 308.

Thanks Crosse!:s0155:...but your right ...my budget is around $700. this will have to be a 74 with ammo.

Will

I admittedly did not read every post in this thread. So a I apologized ihbthis has been mentioned.

I see a lot of peole mentioning that they would choose the AK for the reason of cost of ammo.

For cost of ammo considerations, I would suggest considering an AR22 variant of some sort. I have a TacSol upper on a Double Star lower. My total cost was under $600 with 4 mags. Cost of 22LR is $0.035 per round. Cost of 7.62x39 is $0.25 per round.

Quite honestly, I have more fun shooting my cheap AR22 than I do my Colt AR15.

Just my thoughts.

I ried to edit my post, but either my phone or the system is not letting me.

I rust re-read the original post and saw that the OP wanted a plinker AND a battle rifle. I only read plinker the first time. So, my suggestion is probably moot.

If you need 5.45 ammo, hit up AIM. Those guys have good ammo prices, and are a solid retailer to deal with. Fast shipping, always dependable. I don't know if J&G has that ammo; I would be surprised if they didn't. Both companies are solid, and ship fast. Never bought from ammoman, as I usually find better deals on what I need elsewhere... though in large bulk I have seen good deals through that site as well.

Thanks Crosse!:s0155:...but your right ...my budget is around $700. this will have to be a 74 with ammo.

Will

I don't think you will be sorry. They hold their value better than ARs. The NDS2 Bulgy AK74s (get the real muzzle break) from Centerfire are awesome. Just clean it good after shooting.

That with an Eotech, T6 Bumper stock, Foregrip, and a TWS rail - it's heaven and easy on the wallet.

I laugh when I see the AR guys shoot 3 or 4 mags at the range when I can shoot 20 and go home with money to spare.

Hmmmmmm

AR!!!

OLY.jpg

Well...AK!!!

ak0305.jpg

Nope....AR!!

12.jpg

....and another AR

243187626-XL.jpg

Well...feelin' commie again...

IMG_8478.jpg

...and one more time...