JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In Russia mags are used for road building...
3.jpg

Alternatives to Bulgarian Circle 10's:
Toth Tool
PSA waffle

Most steel mags will run alright. The Korean mags are ok for range mags. They work.. they just seem to be super soft and rust easier than other mags Ive owned. If you're going for range mags.. the AC unity mags are not terrible as are the Magpul range mags and metal reinforced mags.

People have mentioned: Chinese, Romanian, Hungarian and Yugoslavian.. but those have become a little more scarce and more expensive with each panic. Not sure if their unit prices are cost effective anymore.
Apex is a great place to check, RTG, AIM, CDNN.. all the usual players.

With the US palm, do you have the range mags or the steel reinforced mag? Xtech is a direct copy of the US palm with a different body and removable floor plate. But the reinforcement cage is nearly identical. They are good mags but thicker than steel so they take up some room. Im surprised yours had feeling issues. Cracked feed lips perhaps?

The Croatian mags have gotten a bad rep but they are an excellent magazine. They are the grand kids of the Yugo mags and much like many manufacturing practices everything is made over sized and the individual soldier/end user or unit armorer made them fit to the rifle. The factory would ship these mags world wide and it was not known what country was getting which mag so they are made oversized. BHO follower and built like Alice the Portland, OR tow truck driver.

SF-

Alternatives to Bulgarian Circle 10's:
Toth Tool
PSA waffle

Most steel mags will run alright. The Korean mags are ok for range mags. They work.. they just seem to be super soft and rust easier than other mags Ive owned. If you're going for range mags.. the AC unity mags are not terrible as are the Magpul range mags and metal reinforced mags.

People have mentioned: Chinese, Romanian, Hungarian and Yugoslavian.. but those have become a little more scarce and more expensive with each panic. Not sure if their unit prices are cost effective anymore.
Apex is a great place to check, RTG, AIM, CDNN.. all the usual players.

With the US palm, do you have the range mags or the steel reinforced mag? Xtech is a direct copy of the US palm with a different body and removable floor plate. But the reinforcement cage is nearly identical. They are good mags but thicker than steel so they take up some room. Im surprised yours had feeling issues. Cracked feed lips perhaps?
I'm pretty sure it's the range mags. I don't see any steel whatsoever in the upper portion other than the spring. The magazines brand new. I think I just need to take a file to the rear portion of the feet lips where the bolts slings passed it.

I've got a dozen of the old East German mags with the rib on the back, a few Chinese
and some that I have no idea. I don't even own an AK at present, but they work just
fine in my SKS Sporter.

The Croatian mags have gotten a bad rep but they are an excellent magazine. They are the grand kids of the Yugo mags and much like many manufacturing practices everything is made over sized and the individual soldier/end user or unit armorer made them fit to the rifle. The factory would ship these mags world wide and it was not known what country was getting which mag so they are made oversized. BHO follower and built like Alice the Portland, OR tow truck driver.

SF-
I have FTF problems with my new stock Croation mags and it seems like they don't fully seat. I'll have to take a file to them and see if I can't resolve the issue. Thanks for the heads up.

Bulgarian Circle 10 polymer mags and east euro or Chicom steel mil-surplus are the only mags I use. I would trust Russian bakelite mags but I'm not paying those prices for mags. Toth Tool mags are the only US made mags I'd buy, I've got no use for any of the others.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top