JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A buddy of mine was shooting his Yugo underfolder recently... and during a session of bump firing, the gun jammed up. Aparently, theres a live round in the chamber, but the bolt if stuck in battery, and won't(with a normal amount of effort) slide back.

Where do we go from here?

Whack the charging handle with a rubber mallet, while pointed in a safe direction of course. It should budge.

Clean your gun well. Check for corosion around barrel trunion and bolt lugs, to see if that's what is holding it up. Probably stop bump firing it, and shoot it like it was intended to be used.

First take the top cover off with the weapon on safe. Check for anything boogering the action. If there is nothing take it out to the range and see if the round is live or not. If this is not an option put a cleaning rod down the barrel and measure it. If the round is not live smack the bolt handle with rubber mallet, repeat as needed.

I have heard of someone who is very "knowledgeable" with full autos who had that happen. He just put the butt of the gun on the ground and did a little kick starter action on it like it was a dirt bike.......

i think the rubber mallet while pointed in a safe direction is a much better idea.

A buddy of mine was shooting his Yugo underfolder recently... and during a session of bump firing, the gun jammed up. Aparently, theres a live round in the chamber, but the bolt if stuck in battery, and won't(with a normal amount of effort) slide back.

Where do we go from here?

Rubber mallet to the charging handle in a safe area is the best advice...I'm willing to bet that the round isn't live, but that a steel cassing swelled up in the chamber and jammed up the gun. If this does nothing but rip off the end of the cassing, then take the gun apart and grab the round with a pair of pliers and pull. If that doesn't work THEN I would use a dowel down the barrel and tap away.

Make sure you use eye protection and gloves....JUST IN CASE.

Once you get the bullet out, clean it and inspect it THOROUGHLY to make sure there is nothing damaged.

Once that is done fire off a mag SLOWLY, bullet by bullet (no bump firing this time). If there is any malfunction I would take it to a smith to inspect.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top