JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found a unique bolt for the AK platform and thought I share it with you guys. The one problem I see with this bolt is if you have a scope mount rail on the side of your AK, and you have a scope mount and a scope installed.... you could have some problems lol and also the price is a little high.... I see them going for $250.

SD533369ver2.jpg
YouTube - AK Lightning Bolt 3

The nice thing about being left handed, is you cam use an AK get the same efficiency without the goofy modifications. Same goes for Vz.58's too.

I think the whole idea of a left side cocking handle is kind of silly when the AK does not have a last round bolt hold open. I'm right handed and I don't really think it would save that much time after it goes click. I don't see a problem relinquishing my firing grip, as he says in the vid, to cycle the bolt. If I'm cycling the bolt, the weapon can't fire anyway, whether it is needing a magazine change or to cycle out a dead round with a SPORTS drill. In the gas tube mounted cocking handle and slot vid you'll notice that he actually wasted time trying to knock the magazine out of the AK with his fresh magazine. I also, as a right handed shooter, do not like the idea of a reciprocating bolt handle on the left side. If I have to fire the weapon tucked in close to my body it could short stroke the feeding cycle and cause a failure to strip a new round out of the magazine. With all that MOLLE gear he is wearing I would think he would have thought about his cocking handle getting hung up on it. Kalashnikov had it right the first time. K.I.S.S. The Israeli Galil is about as much as it needs to be modified.

As a shooter that shoots equally well (equally poor :D ?) righty and lefty, IMO charging and performing misfire drills with an AK are easier for lefties using the original righty bolt carrier, so I do not see the need for an ambidextrous model.

... Kalashnikov had it right the first time. K.I.S.S. The Israeli Galil is about as much as it needs to be modified.

Some would even argue the Galil took it a little further than ideal. With a Galil, I'd occasionally hit my hand on the rear sight assembly if I weren't careful. Plus the charging handle on the Galil limits your options for optics... so much so that some people have replaced their Galil bolt carriers with AKM bolt carriers. Apparently they're interchangeable, but you do gotta swap gas pistons.

I don't mind the price but I see things that I immediately don't like. 1) it sticks out too far for my tastes 2) now you have another gaping hole in your receiver for crap to get in. I'd rather just use the traditional charging handle and deal with going over or under the gun with my support hand to rack it.

AKs are kind of set up for lefties, but it really isn't bad at all to shoot one right handed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top