JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will say as a AR builder, I thought a AK would be a cheap piece of cake to build and shoot. I do not find it 'fun' 'cheap' or pleasurable. Now you are telling me the recoil too! What is the number of the suicide prevention hotline again?

I will try to persevere. I will bravely continue. You guys a scaring me though.

I last shot an AK in '69 and did not recall any significant recoil.
I agree. Grow some! Ive never found, even under full auto fire, that the 7.62x39 was uncomfortable. There are 10 year olds all over the world that can handle them.

Reason why I have noticed when people complain about AK recoil is based on the fact that they stand wrong when shooting it… it's not an AR… so stop with the bladed stance… Also we're not turtles so don't keep scrunching your neck and shoulders…
True. East block doctrine is to stand chest forward with the stock to the left of the shoulder pocket. One of the reasons why the LOP is so short.

True. East block doctrine is to stand chest forward with the stock to the left of the shoulder pocket. One of the reasons why the LOP is so short.
Exactly… also if you have BA on then standing bladed you risk the rounds missing the plates if you are shot at… very few people actually don't know why the stock is so short for LOP…

is-ds-blind-firing.jpg st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8-1.jpg

I wouldnt pay that for one.

I was looking at building a Yugo RPK short barrel but parts kits are beyond reasonable any more and barrels are drying up . Then I saw this and snatched one up.

There's a Vepr in x39 up for sale at $2k , is that worth pouncing on?

I don't like the stock, and I am pretty sure furniture swapping is a PITA on these.
Opinions ?
Personal opinion on worth it… look at it like this… no more importing of them, Russian made, 1.5 receiver, and all the rest of the stuff. Now, compare it to Kalashnikov concern AK. Average price on GB is $1500. So, is it worth it? Once again personal preference.

Not even close. Completely different action. The SVD is a rotating short stroke system. Other designated marksman guns like the Yugo M76 and the Romanian PSL are just big AKs. The actual Dragunoffs are completely different design guns that only superficially resemble Kalashnikovs. Internally the SVD and the AK couldn't be more different.
Wrong! It's NOT completely different!
The difference between short and long stroke is if the piston is attached to rod that drives the bolt carrier, the internals of my dragunov and all my AK are the same only sized difference, hence same AK designed!
Do u have both to look and compare?

Wrong! It's NOT completely different!
The difference between short and long stroke is if the piston is attached to rod that drives the bolt carrier, the internals of my dragunov and all my AK are the same only sized difference, hence same AK designed!
Do u have both to look and compare?
I have owned both. Unless you are talking about a Romanian or Yugo designated marksman AK gun then yeah, Theyre way different. Theyre made out of metal and wood and have a hole down the middle of the barrel but thats about it for the similarity between a AK and a SVD. They kind of look the same externally . I cant think of a single part that would interchange between a SVD and an AK. Not one. Maybe a buttstock screw? The AR10 to AR15 similarity example doesnt even come close to addressing the substantial differences between the SVD and the AK

I wouldnt pay that for one.

I was looking at building a Yugo RPK short barrel but parts kits are beyond reasonable any more and barrels are drying up . Then I saw this and snatched one up.

Clicked .
Out of stock. What was the price when it was available?

Clicked .
Out of stock. What was the price when it was available?
Shows in stock now? 4 left. $1,099.00.

Shows in stock now? 4 left. $1,099.00.

I've seen some of their guns. They do good work. For a quality rebuild with a new green mountain barrel and decent bluing I don't consider that a terrible price. There's nothing authentic about the format they've done it as but it's still pretty cool. Needs a scope bracket though.

I've seen some of their guns. They do good work. For a quality rebuild with a new green mountain barrel and decent bluing I don't consider that a terrible price. There's nothing authentic about the format they've done it as but it's still pretty cool. Needs a scope bracket though.
I don't know much about the myriad AK pattern rifles. I bought one some years ago from Atlantic because I figured I needed an AK 47!. Purported to be a Polish parts kit (I have Hungarian blood running in my veins from my fathers side) that was the closest I could get. It has a "circle 11" on the receiver. A terrible thick plastic covering on the red, laminated stock that peels. (I'd like to get that off and rough it up a bit, and oil it.) I've shot several hundred rounds with it and not an issue. The supposed nickel plated bolt has peeled some. Doesn't seem to hamper firing though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top