JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I purchased a AK47 some months ago and the gun has a jamming problem. It seems that the casings when they attempt to eject fail to exit the gun and get caught in the internal mechanisms. I've tried numerous clips 6 kinds of different ammo and still same result.

the obvious is take it back where I purchased it - which I will do, but thought I would ping you guys first to see if you had any ideas.

thanks.

Could, but theyre cheap enough I'd just pick up another to try..check APEX or Copes

Most new covers usually require fitting.. especially if its a century!! look at the ejector also I have seen some that are not shaped correctly.. I would just try and fix the cover you have before buying a new one. If it is a Century built unit the top cover opening may be to far FWD put the selector lever up and look at the spacing.

Most new covers usually require fitting.. especially if its a century!! look at the ejector also I have seen some that are not shaped correctly.. I would just try and fix the cover you have before buying a new one. If it is a Century built unit the top cover opening may be to far FWD put the selector lever up and look at the spacing.

yup its a century - good advice.

yup its a century - good advice.

After read your post I kind of figured it was a century.

I have seen many with this issue. Now remove the gas tube and look for fitting marks and measure it cannot remmember the spec off the top of my head but it is on the net. I bet the gas tube and the rear sight base are not in the proper spots on the barrel causing the top cover to be modified usually shortened causing your problem.

Many of the Wasr barrels had their FSB canted easy fix and the spacing between the gas tube and the RSB was not correct "Gas block to far fwd" causing issues with the gas piston hitting the gas block and not allowing the carrier to move fully fwd for the bolt to fully lock.

To check this remove the gas tube Insert the bolt and carrier in the receiver without the gas tube and verify the bolt is locking and the gas piston is not going to far in to the gas block. If it goes to far it will require you to modify the length of the gas piston this can be done with a good file.

I bought a few of the century's from people on the cheap because they had problems I could get them to function right nut not like they should. So scrapped the receivers and other parts as they had problems.

The worst of which had your same issue the cause was the gas block so far FWD the gas piston would hit the gas block and cause the bolt to not lock fully It was not safe. It required a custom length gas piston was cheaper then moving the gas block fwd on the barrel and getting a new gas tube or replacing the barrel.

Another the spacing on the top rail was to wide and would cause the carrier to wedge at an angle and jam and sometimes carrier would jump out.

On another the ejector was rubbing against the bolt a little to tight with a little filing it was fixed but I still scrapped the receiver on that one as the hammer hole from side to side did not line up was about 2mm's off at a front to back angle and made it unsafe.

I would take it to a gunsmith and have it looked at.

I’ve heard a lot of nasty things about Century built WASR’s, but nothing like this. Canted sights seem to be the worst I’ve heard, but other than that, I’ve heard they are as reliable as any AK. This thread makes me nervous, as I’ve just ordered one. Hope to get it sometime this week.

I have a brand new Mini-14 that I’ve never heard anything negative about before. Reliable as any gun gets, but I’m having jamming problems. It would be just my luck to get an AK that jams. If that happens, it just goes up for sale, and I’ll look for something a little more reliable.

Just posting so I can see how you get this resolved.

I’ve heard a lot of nasty things about Century built WASR’s, but nothing like this. Canted sights seem to be the worst I’ve heard, but other than that, I’ve heard they are as reliable as any AK. This thread makes me nervous, as I’ve just ordered one. Hope to get it sometime this week.

I have a brand new Mini-14 that I’ve never heard anything negative about before. Reliable as any gun gets, but I’m having jamming problems. It would be just my luck to get an AK that jams. If that happens, it just goes up for sale, and I’ll look for something a little more reliable.

Just posting so I can see how you get this resolved.

I will let you know how this goes. worst case I take it back where i bought it and let them deal with it. I have a friend that I suspect can fix this but we'll see.

hey contract_pilot thanks for the feedback - real good info there. I will dig into it this weekend.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top