JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked a James River Armory AK74 thru a trade and some of the rivets are not to my liking and want redone for piece of mind. Some of the rivets are not flush and only half the rivet is touching. Can anybody recommend an AK gunsmith for said work around the PNW? I am located in Kitsap County, Thanks in advance

You can also go to AK builder dot com and buy a rivet setter/jig for a not so insane amount of money, and swag those rivets up nicely yourself. ;)
Or buy mine from the classifieds :) Curious if its the trigger guard rivets since they can be a pain.

Thanks for the reply's guys. I will take a few pics of rivets in question a little later when I get home as the ones on my phone are not close up enough. I thought about buying the tool and doing them myself but would like someone experienced there to help a first timer. I will send pilot a text as I just bought a few mags from him the other day.

I'm not an AK guy but from dealing with him and talking to him at the shows I

think he's a complete AK service. From parts to building I think he has it covered.
And he's a good guy.

I bought a couple of 80% lowers from him a while back myself - seems like a nice guy. I'd like to do an AK build, some day, and he's probably where I'd go to get what I need.

Just talked to pilot, he verified it would be a good idea to redo front trunion rivets. Here are some pics. May

20160117_113632.jpg 20160117_113743.jpg

20160117_113632.jpg

20160117_113743.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR