1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

AK Flat Bending Jig

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by tuckerha, Mar 6, 2009.

1. tuckerha

tuckerha Tucson, Arizona Member

I am thinking of buying a flat bending jig for AK receivers. Any suggestion on here to get a decent one? There are a few out there for sale, and I am slowly getting better tools. Some are cheap, and that alone makes me wonder about the quality. So, what has worked for some fo you?
  2. Contract_Pilot

Contract_Pilot Vancouver, Washington Active Member

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

+2 What they said is correct. AK-builder.com has the best quality. I work in the Areospace industry and I compare the tooling at AK-builder.com to be aircraft quality tooling. He did a great job on his MRD. Unless you are a total moron, his tooling is almost fool proof. Yes I own all of his tooling and have even bent Yugo flats. I have built 6 rifles & 2 pistols so far. The way things are going with the BS Mexico treaty stuff, we might be able to build anymore without a special license. All a license is, is permission to do something that would otherwise be illegal. Another form of control and regulation. Anyway...excellant tooling, well worth the money. You do need a hydraulic press also. :thumbup: