Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AK FLAT BENDING HELP - Willamette Valley, Or

Discussion in 'Firearm-Related Business Discussion & Reviews' started by Deavis, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Deavis

Deavis Mid Willamette Valley Active Member

I am finally getting my last (for now... is there ever really a "Last") ak build project completed. A non-firing trainer built from junk parts. I have a TAPCO flat and would love to have someone local who bends bend it for me. Heat treating no necessary since it is a non-gun. Anybody local to me?

2. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

You have to bend it yourself legally. Even though it is going on a dummy gun, it is considered "manufacturing a firearm" once the flat is bent.

You may be able to find someone to let you use their jig, and do it yourself with them.

3. Deavis

Deavis Mid Willamette Valley Active Member

Kinda what I was thinking - I figured I could drop by their place and crank on the press pump handle myself.

4. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

As dumb as it sounds............you pulling the handle is legal, someone else doing it is something else.

There may be some dudes on ARFCOM that can help you, and look out for a "flat bending party"