JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm trying to remove the stock adapter on my Hungarian SA85 but I am unable to get the damn thing out of the reciever. I have removed all the screws and even tried tapping it with a rubber mallet but it will not budge at all. Did I miss something, is there a screw I am not seeing? I believe it is an Ace adapter, the original owner does not remember if the part was glued into place, but even if it were I think the hammer would at least loosen it up...

Here is a pic of what I'm dealing with:

There should have been 3 screws you can remove. The sling screw, tang screw and the receiver screw. If all these have been removed. Try heating up the receiver and take the mallet and pop it out.

There should have been 3 screws you can remove. The sling screw, tang screw and the receiver screw. If all these have been removed. Try heating up the receiver and take the mallet and pop it out.

That did it. I had all the screws out and was hitting it with rubber mallet and it wasn't coming out, but I ended up putting a hair dryer on it on full strength and it was just enough to where I could hammer it out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top