AK Experts, Need Some Help.

Reactions
I'm trying to remove the stock adapter on my Hungarian SA85 but I am unable to get the damn thing out of the reciever. I have removed all the screws and even tried tapping it with a rubber mallet but it will not budge at all. Did I miss something, is there a screw I am not seeing? I believe it is an Ace adapter, the original owner does not remember if the part was glued into place, but even if it were I think the hammer would at least loosen it up...

Here is a pic of what I'm dealing with:

OP
J
Reactions
There should have been 3 screws you can remove. The sling screw, tang screw and the receiver screw. If all these have been removed. Try heating up the receiver and take the mallet and pop it out.
That did it. I had all the screws out and was hitting it with rubber mallet and it wasn't coming out, but I ended up putting a hair dryer on it on full strength and it was just enough to where I could hammer it out.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom