JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got done firing about 700rds thru my Wasr over the last month. Most recently 400rds yesterday without cleaning it since I bought it.
I pulled it apart expecting to a alot of carbon build up and gunk in the internals..
This is what I saw, some dirt and build-up but realized why these will never stop... There is just so much room and tolerance with the action that it just doesn't care! Not one jam, failure to fire or failure to feed, and that is using old Romanian mags.
Sure they say it, but I actually realized it is true! I am going to clean it but wonder how long I can go without doing it...

Well, now you know why this rifle is the gun of choice for every dirt-worshipping heathen across the globe.

(not that there's anything wrong with dirt-worshipping heathens, mind you)

LOL I was just watching the Military Channel special on the spetznaz!

A guy took a handful of dirt and threw it into the opened AK, put the cover back on and fired it on full auto.. he said" well it is a little louder now, but still fired "

WOOT!

I have a WASR-10 (you know, the "cheap", "crappy Century build" guns :p) that many people seem to think are the bottom of the barrell AK, and rand it weekly for 4 years before it's first cleaning. Never had a SINGLE malfunction of ANY type with "crappy" Wolf ammo the entire time. Only reason I even cleaned it was because I got a bug up my arse one weekend to strip down every single on of my guns for a good detail clean and inspection, and figured I might as well do the WASR too, inspite of it showing no signs of needing it.

It was FILTHY, FILTHY, NASTY! :D And yet, was still runnin' great, and I really think I could have left it alone and still had no issues for a few more years easy. Not too shabby for a "junk" AK built by Century's "drunken monkeys" that only cost me $400, eh? :D

Oh, and while its no benchrest, MOA shooter, it is WAY more accurate than people like to claim for an AK. I would say it was sufficiantly "hunting accurate" for out to 50-75yds, (never measure my groups, or get all exited about MOA, I just shoot, have fun, and eyeball the target and if it looks good enough to me, it's good enough, ya know?)

I have a WASR-10 (you know, the "cheap", "crappy Century build" guns :p) that many people seem to think are the bottom of the barrell AK, and rand it weekly for 4 years before it's first cleaning. Never had a SINGLE malfunction of ANY type with "crappy" Wolf ammo the entire time. Only reason I even cleaned it was because I got a bug up my arse one weekend to strip down every single on of my guns for a good detail clean and inspection, and figured I might as well do the WASR too, inspite of it showing no signs of needing it.

It was FILTHY, FILTHY, NASTY! :D And yet, was still runnin' great, and I really think I could have left it alone and still had no issues for a few more years easy. Not too shabby for a "junk" AK built by Century's "drunken monkeys" that only cost me $400, eh? :D

Oh, and while its no benchrest, MOA shooter, it is WAY more accurate than people like to claim for an AK. I would say it was sufficiantly "hunting accurate" for out to 50-75yds, (never measure my groups, or get all exited about MOA, I just shoot, have fun, and eyeball the target and if it looks good enough to me, it's good enough, ya know?)

great story....

I clean mine. ( breakclean or gunscrubber )

I pull off the hatch and spray the crap out of it..LOL then run a bore snake with CLP through it. OK i'm done. But that is what I do with most of mine. The only time I clean really well is when using corrosive ammo in the MOSIN.

BIGFOOT

i like to clean mine everytime i shoot it. i have a bad habit of always trying to keeping my cheap guns clean.

fuut1y.jpg

OK, it just seems to me that the long part of the slant brake should be at the 6 o'clock position. In the picture it looks like it is at the 9 o'clock position. If fired, it would push the gun to the left. If it's not attached properly, could be dangerous.

Here's a pic of a properly mounted slant brake.

Hey, i could be completely off the mark here, but for safety's sake, i thought i'd bring it up.

That 6 o'clock position "looks" right from the American perspective.... but it is suppossed to be slanted and is correctly installed with the gasses venting up right and resulting muzzle being pushed low left.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top