JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No. Lol no real attachment to it.
I love to learn and fix things so this is a priceless experience. Also I have wanted to build a few aks using combloc parts kits for years learning to fix and diagnose a known problem AKM will hopefully be useful.

Did some digging by Google'ing on AK forums last night while attempting to sleep. Found wolf spring 15% also that lots of Romanian kits are way over gased....
So current plan get a poly recoil buffer, order a russian spec hammer, hammer spring, and telescoping action spring if it still slams I'll swap in a wolf spring on the AK spring guide.

Once I have this one running right I'll attempt building one and annoy y'all again

Also it was DRY when I got it so I think he never cleaned and lubricated it after getting it, shot it, it jamed then when he attempted to clear it improperly a sharp edge on the bolt hit the primer and ignited it. But with out video we will never know

Tha k you all for your advice and help, I'll report back after getting the parts and more testing. If it runs good I'll clean and lube it, set it in the safe as a barter item for when SHTF.

Most low end builds reused the used surplus recoil spring .some were getting weak. And could not push the carrier all the way forward fully rotating the bolt into locking position. I would replace it

A lot of you have ripped me a new one over the years because of the gun laws where I live, but this is one great reason for having legally-binding firearms manufacturing standards that ALL manufacturers have to stick to, because it is the LAW. Here in Europe and the UK nobody would have DARED to have offered this thing for sale.

I'd drop in the wolf spring to begin with. You say he tried to clear it and the round exploded? Maybe it was the Ammo? A hangfire of some sort. I really don't know how it could fire when you clear it, when you pull back the bolt and say for some reason the hammer would drop, it wouldn't even hit the firing pin!? Maybe the round came out, was still in the actiin and he let the bolt slam? The Bolt carrier usually touches the rear trunnion a bit, thats normal. Whats weird on there is the pitting thats on the one side...wonder what caused that!?

I'd drop in the wolf spring to begin with. You say he tried to clear it and the round exploded? Maybe it was the Ammo? A hangfire of some sort. I really don't know how it could fire when you clear it, when you pull back the bolt and say for some reason the hammer would drop, it wouldn't even hit the firing pin!? Maybe the round came out, was still in the actiin and he let the bolt slam? The Bolt carrier usually touches the rear trunnion a bit, thats normal. Whats weird on there is the pitting thats on the one side...wonder what caused that!?

I have had old x39 hang fire with a good delay . If he didn't wait and ejected it's very possible . He's lucky to be alive.

I was thinking peening not pitting perhaps uneven contact with chatter?

We will find out.

Wish ya the best of luck. I personally haven't had much luck with throwing parts at lemons and getting something good but suppose it's your money and it's educational.

If the carrier tail is beat up enough the hammer can reach the firing pin when you pull back on the charging handle.

Side view of the back of the carrier?
Does the carrier contact the center support?
The damage to the center support looks to my eye like repeated hammer strikes with the carrier out of the gun...but that would be just weird for someone to do that....
The peening on the rear trunion is from the carrier slamming into it, can be many things, weak spring, over gased, bad build ( receiver too short ).
Does the top cover look like ot has been filed on to shorten it?

The carrier tail looks just fine in the pics. I really think it was ammo related, or operator error. The only two things that look weird is rear trunnion and the center support from dry fire without BCG installed.

I would check the headspacing first. Disassemble the bolt and clean to make sure the firing pin is moving correctly. Check to see if the carrier is hitting the center support pin that shows the wear. The magazine used at the time could have been a factor in the failure to feed, but something would have had to hit the primer to cause a discharge. It could also be over gassed and or weak recoil spring. I would want to check the function of the FCG as well. This could also have been a combination of issues and operator error

A lot of you have ripped me a new one over the years because of the gun laws where I live, but this is one great reason for having legally-binding firearms manufacturing standards that ALL manufacturers have to stick to, because it is the LAW. Here in Europe and the UK nobody would have DARED to have offered this thing for sale.

Tac, have you forgotten the disasterous MarStar 7.62 NATO Tipo 2 Garand builds. Those were junk too.

passed all head space gauges, no close on field and nogo, carrier closes and bolt locks on go, not all they way over to rail but from the guides I've found it passes as locks are engaged and carrier closes....
it does fully lock over on a live round.

its firing pin moves freely. nothing is contacting that pin.

put in an ALG action spring seems much much stronger. ... also put in an ALG trigger spring but i think its out of spec and may get a different one, the legs can come off the back of the tiggers rails they sit of and that is concerning.... and i put that poly buffer in. all seems ok, so test firing later this week.

passed all head space gauges, no close on field and nogo, carrier closes and bolt locks on go, not all they way over to rail but from the guides I've found it passes as locks are engaged and carrier closes....
it does fully lock over on a live round.

its firing pin moves freely. nothing is contacting that pin.

put in an ALG action spring seems much much stronger. ... also put in an ALG trigger spring but i think its out of spec and may get a different one, the legs can come off the back of the tiggers rails they sit of and that is concerning.... and i put that poly buffer in. all seems ok, so test firing later this week.
Don't forget a solid faceshield, good luck!

Done lots of feeding tests with dummies and magpul mags all flawlessly.

I'll do the first few from my bench n vice as singles with maximum safety.... I haven't decided if there will be a lanyard yet lol

You can tweak the hammer spring legs with needle nose pliers. If you load a mag and cycle through it manually with out pulling trigger for test for extraction ect .sounds like your good to go . :D

I bought some dummy rounds to test my AK out. I never chamber a live round unless going to the gun range or for HD.

Done lots of feeding te hasts with dummies and magpul mags all flawlessly.

I'll do the first few from my bench n vice as singles with maximum safety.... I haven't decided if there will be a lanyard yet lol

Did you disassemble your bolt and see if anything is OK? There videos that I watched on how to take an AK bolt apart. I only had my AK for little over 6 months so I watch some videos and have field stripped my AK multiple times

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads