JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all, first time poster here looking for some information.

First up, I have a new SLR with a slightly canted front sight that I'd like to see if I can get fixed (since arsenal's warranty won't cover that and the rifle is otherwise fine...and I dont want to ship it off for weels either way). It's purely a cosmetic thing and should only be a 10-15 minute job for someone with the correct tools and experience, but I am not that person. Anyone know a good place in Portland for that? If it helps, I'm in SW off Multnomah.

Likewise, NFA engraving (on a polymer reciever if that matters), any suggestions on places that can do that?

Thanks in advance!

Hey all, first time poster here looking for some information.

First up, I have a new SLR with a slightly canted front sight that I'd like to see if I can get fixed (since arsenal's warranty won't cover that and the rifle is otherwise fine...and I dont want to ship it off for weels either way). It's purely a cosmetic thing and should only be a 10-15 minute job for someone with the correct tools and experience, but I am not that person. Anyone know a good place in Portland for that? If it helps, I'm in SW off Multnomah.

Likewise, NFA engraving (on a polymer reciever if that matters), any suggestions on places that can do that?

Thanks in advance!
With the engraving, it doesnt have to be fancy, why go through the trouble of having someone else do it?
Diamond Engravers arent too expensive, heck if you were good with a dremel you could stencil it out and do it yourself. Polymer lower, Mess it up? Just fill it in and try again.

As for the canted sight, how bad is it?

Front sight is canted about 5-10* to the right, small enough to still function, but just big enough to notice and really irritate me.

Alas, both my ability with, and access to, dremels is lacking.

BYE Engraving in Portland is a great place. They do good work and the price is reasonable. I've had 3 rifles done there.

As for the canted front sight, a vise and rubber dead blow hammer will do the job. It's a little Neanderthal, but it's the best solution.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top