JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone interested in building an AK yourself?

Build parties are best broken into 3 sessions. It is impossible to show up with a kit and a flat and expect to have a working rifle in the same day.

De-mill party
Flat bending party
Build party

If people are able to de-mill their kits themselves (or with help from friends) BEFORE the party, aaaaand aquire a Nodak Spud or other pre-made receiver, then it can be expected to have complete rifles.

Disclaimer:
The rifles in the build party must be made with the proper number of US compliance parts and will be in semi-auto configuration only.

The most important thing is having someone with a large garage that can host the party.

Lots of good info here:http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=4&f=51

Kits may be found at Copesdist.com, FTFIndustries, floridagunworks.com, etc

They can be found on the AR15.com Equipment exchange also. I think there was one for sale here on NWFA.

Do not buy a "Virgin" kit or one that has a cut barrel or "new" barrel.

We should get a location first, before spending cash on parts.

I would recommend getting a Romanian "G" kit. They seem pretty inexpensive and are easy to build.

If a parts kit seems reeeeeeealy cheap compared to others you have seen, then there may be a reason. Cut-barrel, virgin, etc.

Stay away from milled receiver AK kits.

<broken link removed>

If we go the pre-made receiver route, these guys are the best. They can ship to the FFL that is in your area.

Pre made = 80+ FRN's

Bending your own for a newbie is easy and cheap at a build party if you have no tools costs you about 15.00 FRN's + Shipping, A 1/2 rack of beer or A bottle of whiskey. You will find out that most of us that have tools/jigs will let newbie builders use them when we are avaiable. Bending a flat takes about 10-15min most that is setup time! Best of all no Bully Government!!

The Last build party (nearly a year ago) I went to I completed 2 in 1 night (pre de-milled and heat treated rails)

A guy I know who did 5 in one night using screws he even screwed the rails on. All screws were purchased locally at www.columbiaairmotive.com grade 8 aircraft quality.

www.ak-builder.com for flats..

Romy G Flats Wit Rails Are 14.95 FRN's I don't think he has a flat over 35.00 FRN's

I am ordering some flats on monday/tuesday if anyone needs one or a couple let me know. Via PM it will save a FRN or two in shipping if we split the shipping.

FRN = Federal Reserve Note (for the newbies)

I may have an aircraft hanger avaiable for the build party.

:cool:

I'm in the portland area - would love to get together... I've got most of the components but need rivets, jigs, and would like to add some stiffeners to an underfolder I have...

There's a new gunshop on TV Highway in Hillsboro that sells build parts, rivets etc. It all Tapco stuff.

I'm down for a build party. I've never done a build, but I've got a complete Yugo RPK kit and a 100% Nodak Spud reciever waiting to be built.

Nathan

There's a new gunshop on TV Highway in Hillsboro that sells build parts, rivets etc. It all Tapco stuff.

I'm down for a build party. I've never done a build, but I've got a complete Yugo RPK kit and a 100% Nodak Spud reciever waiting to be built.

Nathan

Sounds like a place I need to visit - where's it located? What's it called?

A good price on a kit looks like $325 right now from FTF Industries, and the flat is ~$15.

Add $10 for beer and 30$ for Whiskey, you are at $380.

The value of having put together your very own AK-47? Priceless. ;)

A good price on a kit looks like $325 right now from FTF Industries, and the flat is ~$15.

Add $10 for beer and 30$ for Whiskey, you are at $380.

The value of having put together your very own AK-47? Priceless. ;)

too bad copes is out of the $99 rust buckets good starters

Dont for get the price of US parts ( receiver flat counts as 1)

FCG (counts as 3)
Gas tube
stock
pistol grip
handgaurds

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA