JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes a US made magazine counts as 3 parts. The reason is because if you happen to put a non US magazine in it,it would be non compliant. Most people would rather spend the $30 or so for the fcg and not have to worry about it.

Yes a US made magazine counts as 3 parts. The reason is because if you happen to put a non US magazine in it,it would be non compliant. Most people would rather spend the $30 or so for the fcg and not have to worry about it.

this is the best answer. also certain imported mags are generally better mags than most of the US made ones at least thats what the purest claim .

also some of the US made FCGs tend to be better.

When you import an AK clone it has to be in a "sporting" configuration with a stock that looks like the classic rifle or shotgun stock. This moves the center of balance forward (moves your strong hand backward, actually) and makes the gun a handle little awkwardly. If you want to convert it to its proper pistol grip configuration, you will need to move the trigger group forward, since it's right where the pistol grip goes. The old parts won't fit, so you may as well replace them with American made parts which will also often improve the feel of the trigger a lot. I have a Tapco G2 trigger in my Saiga and I'm very happy with it.

Last Edited:
Well, I guess I won't cancel my order for the trigger group. It makes sense that you wouldn't want to risk being out of 922 compliance for simply using the wrong mag. Thanks for the info guys.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top