JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a WASR 10 and want to get a scope mount for it. I have done some google searches and there are hundreds to choose from with a wide variety of prices. I am wanting some recommendations from members who have used different mounts and found what works well. If you also have any advice on optics would also be great.

Thanks! :D

Your WASR should have a side mounted base. If you plan on leaving the rifle mostly stock (no fancy quad-rails, etc), then a Soviet scope/mount style combination is the best option for you. You then need to decide if you want a red-dot, light amplification or magnifying type of scope. All are available. The Soviet style is nice, in that if you remove the scope from the rifle, it is for all intent and purpose a return-to-zero design when reinstalled. A few good places to look are Eastwave Optics and Kalinka Optics. Kalinka is a little higher priced, Eastwave takes a bit longer to ship. Each's inventory is slightly different than the other's, so you'll have a good variety to choose from.

Edit: I see T' is ahead of me on this one. If you want a rail setup, then the combination mentioned above is a good choice too. Do your research on forearm mounted optics though. There are some disadvantages with them...as there are with the Soviet scopes too. Compromise, compromise.

Keith

For an AK, my opinion is to use the mounts and scopes it was designed for, e.g. the side rail mount. I have all my AK/Dragunov/RPK toys setup this way, and none have disappointed me. The only thing I don't like about the rail mount system is that they're a bit heavy, and high. That means, instead of a using a "cheek weld," you're forced to use a "Chin weld." Regardless, I like them, and they compliment the utilitarial looks of the system.

This is where I've gotten my russian optics--> Click me

The only thing I don't like about the rail mount system is that they're a bit heavy, and high. That means, instead of a using a "cheek weld," you're forced to use a "Chin weld." Regardless, I like them, and they compliment the utilitarial looks of the system.

Try rotating your head down a bit so you are 'kissing the stock' and use your opposite eye. Much better than a chin weld.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads