Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AK 47 ???(PAR 1)

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Cell Block 726, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Cell Block 726

Cell Block 726 Oregon Member

So I really know nothing of these weapons nor have I had any interest, but wanted to get some insight. I may be acquiring 3 pump action AK style weapons, I believe known as romanian PAR 1 and PAR 3. one is .223 and two are 7.62, can anyone give more details and are they even worth much???

2. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I owned one (7.62x39) here are my experiences and observations..

They are collectors items BUT they are only worth $250-$350.

The front assembly is a beast all of its own and uses proprietary parts.
    If you are a machinist or wood worker it'll be no issue should anything break.. The three parts I was worried about:

* Forearm: prone to cracking.. As some have noted.. Worth while to make a spare. You also cant disassemble and clean the barrel unless you take the forearm, pump handle and
    "action bar/gas piston" pin out..
    The pins holding it all together are like G3/Cetme spring pins so the just pop out but hold in there well when you need them to.

* Pump handle- this is just plastic and would probably last.. But who knows.. I was going to make a custom one out of PVC.

* "Gas piston" or better termed "action bar" that takes the place of the piston
    (Its a special part and may or may not crack..)

No spare parts on the market that I could find when I owned mine.

Double stack receiver
    (uses standard AK mags) and bolt.

Because all the gas pressure is shot out the barrel the cases can stick a little due to the pressure.

Damn accurate for an AK.

Side rail scope mount and a scope will aid with the rifle because it is quite accurate..
    However you'll need to get a new dust cover because the proprietary one has a retarded iron sight.

The pistol grip and buttstock assembly is all the same as a standard AK.

Any other questions?

On armslist there was a guy who had both for a while for $250 per but wouldn't separate.. Or wouldn't when I asked if he'd be interested.
    Might be long gone now.

You "can" convert them back to their semi auto glory.. But it takes an S-ton of work.

All in all I regret selling mine.. But I needed cash. I may buy another should it walk into my life again.

orygun likes this.
  3. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

They are kind of cool and unique, but most people have them way overpriced. Like he said above, $250-$300 is what they are worth. When you can get very good Aks today for $500, a pump action one made to comply with stupid laws in not worth the same amount.

4. Cell Block 726

Cell Block 726 Oregon Member

Thank you for the all the information!!! I really thought it seemed pointless as a pump and yes driven to comply with state laws! would it be safe to say I would probaly be able to sell them for close to 250.00 each if I ended up acquiring them?? and would there be interest among the gun culture?

5. ZA_Survivalist

Id buy the 7.62x39

6. tanzuki

tanzuki Salem Active Member

Not to high jack this thread but I know Aks have a reputation of not being very accurate and compared to an AR I'd tend to agree, but I just went out shooting yesterday and 100 yards with my O-PAP and my BIL N-PAP we could practically play a tune with the 1/2" plate we were shooting at that were around 18" square pieces. We weren't shooting groups but they seem to be plenty accurate for SHTF scenario.

7. ZA_Survivalist

Yep. The N and Opap (M70) AK variants are quite stout for AKs.

The reason the pump action AKs are a little more accurate is there isnt any jostling by the BCG/gas piston.

Its a real shame they dont attempt to update the pump action AK design for our brothers in commie states.

8. castanedatl

castanedatl gervais Member

hey bud, id be interested in the par-3 .225-5.56..

im a bit short on cash but always willing to trade cash plus ammo or my services, im a welder by trade..

let me kno, thankyou..