JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Six Croatian AK-47 magazines done, 6 more to go. I am using my Dremel tool's sanding wheel to do them now. Took quite a while using the mill file for one. A few minutes with 10K rpm and am done. Two or three tries to test fit each one before the fit right in. I clean with CLP to wipe all of the metal dust out and dry before do a test fit for a magazine.

B0BB3D6C-A06C-44E3-9512-63D8583CAD3F.jpeg

I do have few Magpul AK-47 and my WASR 10 came with a Magpul one.

If other AK mags work without that modification, I'd start looking into the serbian BHO mags when available.

If you have to modify other mags, mag latch needs to be filed down, not the locking lugs. Try to get some standard surplus steel ak mags, and see how that works.

I got done yesterday evening with touching up my Croatian AK-47 magazines with some Krylon flat black paint. They are dry and I will reassemble tonight.

The quality is excellent even though I had to file them. For $11.95 per magazine it wasn't that bad of a deal. They are sealed in a bag with oil so cut and old T-shirt to wipe them clean.

056F21B7-2E09-438E-9C99-4F8D63AA4129.jpeg

The red tape is for the magazines that I will load with Golden Tiger rounds which cannot be used indoor ranges. It has a bimetal bullet instead of lead copper non-magnet round.

Thank you @Stomper for flat black paint suggestion.

I got done yesterday evening with touching up my Croatian AK-47 magazines with some Krylon flat black paint. They are dry and I will reassemble tonight.

The quality is excellent even though I had to file them. For $11.95 per magazine it wasn't that bad of a deal. They are sealed in a bag with oil so cut and old T-shirt to wipe them clean.

View attachment 591831

The red tape is for the magazines that I will load with Golden Tiger rounds which cannot be used indoor ranges. It has a bimetal bullet instead of lead copper non-magnet round.

Thank you @Stomper for flat black paint suggestion.

Might try using blue painters tape, if that red tape isn't similar. Easy to mark with a sharpie & easier to tear off should/when you wish.

Nah. Circle 10's go for $40-60+, depending.

Never tried any for 7.62x39, but they're supposed to be pretty decent. ?$40-$60 decent?, I dunno about that!

We have a bunch of circle 10's for 5.45x39 (AK74's), and they do run extremely well & hold up too. Same deal tho, dunno about $40-60 decent! Bought them at a decent low $, and use them. And a bunch of circle 21's as well...

I consider magazines a consumable, sure treat them well and all, but we don't baby them.

Nah. Circle 10's go for $40-60+, depending.

Never tried any for 7.62x39, but they're supposed to be pretty decent. ?$40-$60 decent?, I dunno about that!

We have a bunch of circle 10's for 5.45x39 (AK74's), and they do run extremely well & hold up too. Same deal tho, dunno about $40-60 decent! Bought them at a decent low $, and use them. And a bunch of circle 21's as well...

I consider magazines a consumable, sure treat them well and all, but we don't baby them.
I have circle 10 clear mags, don't like em. Waffles arw probably good, I use beryl mags and converted 74 mags mostly.

I ordered some Bulgarian parkerized AK-47 magazines. I don't have to file them at all for them to fit. I ordered them from Numrich Gun Parts. The follower and spring holder are plastic. The magazine and bottom fitting are steel.

402DE8AB-B195-494E-A8AE-9B6C37CFC9FD.jpeg 4ABD5C56-4579-4C58-BD0B-89CBA9563ECF.jpeg

I ordered some Bulgarian parkerized AK-47 magazines. I don't have to file them at all for them to fit. I ordered them from Numrich Gun Parts. The follower and spring holder are plastic. The magazine and bottom fitting are steel.

View attachment 594637 View attachment 594638

I've had zero problems with those steel Bulgarian mags so far.

Where abouts are you in WA? I have a very large supply of AK47 and AK74 surplus mags I'd let a couple go at a fair price if you're lookin to try a few different ones.

That's a result of the best mag on the market. When they first came out in the 2000's they were fairly cheap until everybody caught on.

Damn I'm getting old. I got a bunch of circle 10s when K-Var first imported some in like 94-95 I think. Who knew they'd be an investment at 5x the price now. :s0092:

I have several Bakelite I got on a FB group along with a crap load of 20rd's and of course . I have some Tapco that seem to be way better then the Promags which work but look cheep. Picked up a bunch of Russian blocks I got a good deal on, still in the box. Gotta love the Simplicity of the AK-47, I prefer and SKS over and SK-47 but they are just fun.

I went the gun range today I fired four of the Bulgarian AK-47 magazines and they cycled just fine. Took a t-shirt and wiped the oil off and then applied a light coating of CLP before I loaded ammunition in them.

Thinking I need a one drum magazine for fun only.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top