JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those are decent, have a bunch. Mind you that they have bolt hold open followers.

Magpulls are pretty decent as well, can't go wrong getting some. Have a bunch.

20 round "tanker" type are decent as well, if you can find them. Have a bunch. Handy for bench & prone.

Pretty much most AK mags work, heard some issues with Koreans a while back, and stay far away from promag. Altho we do have some ProMag 40rounders for 5.45 which work ok for range usage if not topped off. Topped off, are great to practice drills...

Depends on what you're looking for.
I used to be heavy into the AK game.. almost all the mags on the market are good to go.. just depends on what you're after. Ill echo what others have said.. promag is junk. Probably one of the few AK mags Id not waste money on. Very cheap polymer/plastic.

Depending on your price point:
Circle 10- best reinforced polymer

X-Tech (new wave US Palm)

US palm- Discontinued but heaps of them are for sale.
They also have their non reinforced "range" mags.. those would be like the non reinforced magpul or tapco mags. Great for the range, but they are merely polymer and will succumb to breakage eventually.

Tooth Tool - Circle 10 knockoff and almost nonexistent.

Reinforced magpul.. but for their price you can often get 2-3 Croatian or Surplus steel.

Various steel.. but paying a whole ton for them is ridiculous. Some are collector grade and carry the price. But surplus serb/yugo BHO work well and are often $8-15.
Croatian hold up fine. There was a run of Bulgarian mags with a similar feel and polymer follower like theirs.. they have lasted a while for me.

Korean, low quality and quick to rust (many were grey phosphate), now (new production) they look to be parked or painted.. dont have any on hand anymore. but they can actually take a bit of abuse without falling apart. They fed fine.

Surplus AK mag honey holes:
Robert RTG
Apex Gun parts
Aimsurplus (really limited their AK mags)
AK Builder
Buds (sometimes)

-Various other sources Im forgetting about.

Combloc steel surplus.

Supplies (online) seem to have dried up a little atm, but these can usually be found for around $12-18 depending on condition these days. I wouldn't pay more than $20, unless they're 'as new' or have some sort of collectable value -- Bakelite, Slabside, Waffle pattern etc. etc. etc.

As mentioned above, APEX is usually good to go, but their current selection (along with other online stores) is sort of meager right now.

Some others to check right offhand...

What*A*Country
Jestice Arms

It's worth noting that the (new production) Croatians have been known to be poor fitting and/or needing modification to fit some rifle magwells.

Stay away from the polymers(unless they are steel reinforced in all the right places - IE. feedlips/lugs).

MAGPUL Gen M3 for $20 or $40+ for Circle 10s is a premium to pay for those looking to lighten their load.

I ordered 10 Croatian 30 round AK-47 magazines. Vacuum sealed with oil. Going to clean them up and put a light coating of CLP. $11.95 for one magazine.

063780D9-03D1-49F4-B00D-6D8C7772CCBB.jpeg

Last Edited:
I stick to old surplus cause they look as pretty as a wasr.

Where do buy your magazines from? The steel Croatian made ones are relatively inexpensive. I see some European surplus ones but they more expensive that the Croatian ones.

Thank you.

Where do buy your magazines from? The steel Croatian made ones are relatively inexpensive. I see some European surplus ones but they more expensive that the Croatian ones.

Thank you.

Keep an eye on the classifieds here as well. Picked up a few of our "bunch" of 20rd tankers via another members local garage sale listing last year. As an example.

Some polymers and steelies from other members when we lived up north...on that note reinforced Bulgarian 40rd polymers have run well for us in the past. Don't have too many of them tho, so can't say they are all good (almost forgot about them).

Magpuls have all run fine, and they seem to pop up in classifieds more.

Edit, adding: like such...

WTS OR - AK parts and Pmags

Last Edited:
I was able to get my Croatian magazines to works in my WASR 10. Just had to file down the upper part of the magazine catch. What do you suggest what paint to use for touch up my magazines? Gloss Black Kylon paint? Automobile paint?

5BD522E4-0557-462F-BB7B-E421862E6D28.jpeg

I have Dremel tool but used a flat mill file to be sure I only removed a much metal as needed.

Last Edited:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
C8BE388C-4B3E-46BC-9218-002C9B17004D.jpeg B3C1FDCE-1A31-4C80-9471-10FBE1860055.jpeg

I was able to get my Croatian magazines to works in my WASR 10. Just had to file down the upper part of the magazine catch. What do you suggest what paint to use for touch up my magazines? Gloss Black Kylon paint? Automobile paint?

View attachment 590912

I have Dremel tool but used a flat mill file to be sure I only removed a much metal as needed.

A quick, thin shot of Flat-black Krylon or Rustoleum will stick better than the gloss.

RUBBISH!! He's wearing paint-ball kit! :D;)

I do like that enhanced selector switch, though!
Same. Must have paid top dollar. I heard special forces in Russia still has to pay out of pocket for rails and stuff on their AKs, which is why some also had the TWS dogleg. No idea if there's truth to that or just entirely rumor.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads