Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AK-47 dust cover

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by uban77, Dec 27, 2010.

1. uban77

uban77 Maui, HI. Luck favors the prepared.

I have a Saiga AK-47. And on this rifle is a dust cover with p-rail on it. I would like to trade my dust cover with the p-rail on it. For a dust cover without a p-rail on it. I am having a hard time finding a new dust cover for my Saiga. Help! This is the one part that is hard to find. The dust cover, I have found out is not the best place to put a scope. All so, where is the best store or gunsmith in Portland for my Saiga?

2. Fumes

Fumes Wa. Active Member

Someone posted this on saiga forum and I think they were able to find one from Kvar, but he had to call them because it was NOS or something and wasn't listed on their site. He got one for about 22 bucks if I remember right.;)

Found it. http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=320

3. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Couldn't find anything on the link about a "P-rail". What is it?

4. BadgerMan

BadgerMan Puyallup, WA New Member

I think he means that the one currently on his Saiga has a picatinny rail on it and he wants a plain dustcover instead.

5. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Duh...that makes sense....thanx

6. uban77

uban77 Maui, HI. Luck favors the prepared.

(Picatinny style rail) so you can install a light, laser, scope...ect. I want to put on a side bracket. So I need a old stiyle dust cover. ( Picatinny) spell that?:huh: