Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AK-47 build

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by pterrell, Mar 18, 2014.

1. pterrell

pterrell San Diego New Member

Hey all. I've been thinking about building an AK but I'm far from having all the tools I need to do it. Does anyone have suggestions on how or with whom I can build one?

2. eganx

eganx Kingston WA Active Member

In San Diego.....no. In Washington, yes

3. pterrell

I'm not thinking San Diego. I know the rules here. I spend plenty of time at home in my free state though (WA). Do people do build parties or is it usually more 1 on 1?

4. eganx

Both. But build parties are a thing of the past for the most part. I have the tools as does a friend of mine....both of us are located in Kitsap county

5. pterrell

I was afraid of that first part. Nothing quite like a group of people gathering for a fun project like that. What is usually the going rate for individual help with assembly if I have a completed bent receiver already?

6. eganx

I don't really "help" with 80% receivers. There is a lot of fitting involved, and I TIG weld the rails in so there is that process too. Its too much for me to do at once with my schedule. 100% receivers are no problem.