JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hey guys I'm looking to get a Glock 19 airsoft gun with gas blowback for training at home since I can't make it to the range as much as I'd like and I don't want to lose out on training over the winter months. I know nothing about airsoft brands or what's good so any advice on what feels/looks as close to a Glock 19 and isn't cheep junk would be awesome!

I bought the Umarex Glock authorized one from Amazon. It's not cheap (about $170), but compared to a few range fees and some ammo, it's pretty affordable. I'm not an airsoft guy and bought it for the same reasons you are describing. I was pretty impressed with the look, feel, and heft of the thing. It is a little magazine heavy because that's where the gas and the BB's are stored, but the weight and balance feels about right. Accuracy is pretty good at ranges I'm able to practice at home (20 ft or so). Recoil is obviously much reduced from a real 9mm but there is some due to the blowback operation and the fact that the slide is metal. Hope that helps.

I have a couple of cheap airsoft guns. One is a blowback Umerex Walther P99 ($50) and the other is a Taurus PT24/7 Spring gun ($24). They both feel about the right weight as mentioned above. Neither of them have the kick of a real gun. I enjoy shooting them from my back deck at aluminum cans on my fence (I attached a few heavy gauge wires that the cans rest on so they stay put when hit). The blowback gun uses CO2, and can be shot repeatedly like a real semi-auto. The blowback gun isn't real accurite or consistant, and the accuracy declines as the CO2 pressure goes down. The spring gun is much more accurate and consistent, I just have to rack the gun each time I shot it. For me I just enjoy trying to hit something 30-40 feet away with them.

I bought the Umarex Glock authorized one from Amazon. It's not cheap (about $170), but compared to a few range fees and some ammo, it's pretty affordable. I'm not an airsoft guy and bought it for the same reasons you are describing. I was pretty impressed with the look, feel, and heft of the thing. It is a little magazine heavy because that's where the gas and the BB's are stored, but the weight and balance feels about right. Accuracy is pretty good at ranges I'm able to practice at home (20 ft or so). Recoil is obviously much reduced from a real 9mm but there is some due to the blowback operation and the fact that the slide is metal. Hope that helps.
Could you link me the one you have? All of the ones I see by them that use co2 cartridges don't say they have the blowback slide.

Glock 19
I hope that link worked. It doesn't take CO2 cartridges, it takes Green Gas which (correct me if I'm wrong anyone) is basically propane with silicone lubricant in it. It has a nozzle on the can which you press into a valve on the magazine to refill it like you would refill a butane lighter.

Glock 19
I hope that link worked. It doesn't take CO2 cartridges, it takes Green Gas which (correct me if I'm wrong anyone) is basically propane with silicone lubricant in it. It has a nozzle on the can which you press into a valve on the magazine to refill it like you would refill a butane lighter.
Okay awesome! Too bad it doesn't use co2 cartridges that would be way easier but hey it's got glocks stamp of approval.

My way of thinking...

There is plenty one can do to train without leaving your house with your regular CCW piece. I use my Glock 19 + dummies to practice my draw stroke & reholstering, reloading, proper trigger press and malfunction clearances. None of which is done while "watching TV" or other mundane activity. I have those dummies in 9mm, .223 & 12ga, I wish they made in them 7.62x39. They are a lot cheaper than a quality Airsoft

Blue guns for practicing retention techniques and demonstration of product in mixed crowds.

Realistic Airsoft clones for Force-on-Force training and fun plinking.

I have a G19 gas blowback gun I tried to sell a while back, still have it. If you're interested, I'll let you have it for a decent price. PM me if interested. And yes, it is a good training gun. I do like it, just never use it and can stand to lose some clutter.

Lol I have a bunch of airsoft guns.
I used to go play airsoft and paintball with my nephew and his friends.
And they were not used for just practice.
We actually ran around a 17 acre paint ball and airsoft place and shot each other.
Still do it once in a while.but not as much as we used to.
Lol

I've got a couple airsoft pistols, kwa m9, kwa m93r, and a kwa m1911a1. All feel almost identical to the real thing except the racking is much easier because of the light spring. They all use green gas (aka propane and silicone oil but don't quote me on that), but I bought a propane adapter so I can get the green coleman cans and add some silicone oil to the adapter instead of paying the high prices on green gas, although the propane smell isn't great.

I've got a couple airsoft pistols, kwa m9, kwa m93r, and a kwa m1911a1. All feel almost identical to the real thing except the racking is much easier because of the light spring. They all use green gas (aka propane and silicone oil but don't quote me on that), but I bought a propane adapter so I can get the green coleman cans and add some silicone oil to the adapter instead of paying the high prices on green gas, although the propane smell isn't great.
Yep that's all green gas is .
Propane with a oil added.
I have a few green gas guns and a few electric .
They make them almost exactly like the real guns .
There is a little bit of difference .
But nothing you could see by just looking at them

Dry fire with a laser cartridge sounds about as effective or better. Then you're handling your real gun, drawing your real gun, sighting with your real gun, registering hits on a target safely in your home with your real gun.

Your money, your preference though.

Great practice, especially if you have a laser target.

View attachment 523078

There are a few other choices in laser training, but I like the LaserLyte system since I can use about any firearm with it.

The system I have doesn't work so well with semi-autos that require you to rack the slide in order to get the click necessary to set off the laser. It can be done, but not as easily as a revolver.

Nor does it quite give me the same satisfaction as putting holes in paper. :)

There might be more options than you think.

There's Itarget system and there is another company that makes them too, I got a .300 black out one for $20 from optics planet from another name company, but paid $60 for the itarget 9mm one originally, just google "laser training bullet". You can use the in combination with a free phone app and the phone's camera. If you are willing to drop $5 on an add on for the free I target app, it will even work as a shot clock and give you a buzzer to test time from buzzer to hit on target (draw and first shot practice)

I've enjoyed it, fiancé has enjoyed it, it isn't holes in paper, but it's pretty darn good, especially for helping those family members who need practice in sight alignment and trigger pull to build basic marksmanship skills.

Okay awesome! Too bad it doesn't use co2 cartridges that would be way easier but hey it's got glocks stamp of approval.

The green gas is easier honestly. Can top off each mag so pressure is consistant.

The airsoft has an advantage over the laser systems because you can do force on force training with friends. Aka drink some beers and shoot eachother. Lots of fun.

My way of thinking...

There is plenty one can do to train without leaving your house with your regular CCW piece. I use my Glock 19 + dummies to practice my draw stroke & reholstering, reloading, proper trigger press and malfunction clearances. None of which is done while "watching TV" or other mundane activity. I have those dummies in 9mm, .223 & 12ga, I wish they made in them 7.62x39. They are a lot cheaper than a quality Airsoft

Blue guns for practicing retention techniques and demonstration of product in mixed crowds.

Realistic Airsoft clones for Force-on-Force training and fun plinking.
Az zoom does make 7.62x39 snap caps now!

Az zoom does make 7.62x39 snap caps now!

Yeah, but rifle calibers only come in two round packs for 9-10 bucks or $4.5-5 per round, the S.T. ActionPros are right about a buck a piece, less if you keep an eye open. I use them for malfunction drills so I want more than 2 or even 4-6 and it would suck to lose them

I do think the A-Zoom caps do have a place for limited dry firing of guns you normally wouldn't such as those with hammer mount firing pins like old S&W's or SAA, but not so much for training.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top