JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Um...this is a MONUMENTALLY stup...errr...bad idea.

Just because you don't happen to see that the thief has a gun, doesn't mean that he doesn't have one. And what do you think he'll do if you or a neighbor starts shooting at him?

And here's a really fun thought...let's say the bad guy is breaking into a car on the street or in somebody's driveway. He's not physically harming anyone, not near anyone, or even moving toward anyone. He poses no physical threat.

Then you or a neighbor starts shooting your airgun at him. Except he doesn't know it's only an airgun...he see's your gun and thinks it's real...and now he's in fear for his life...so he pulls out his REAL gun and starts shooting back!

In that situation, he may have a legitimate legal grounds for self defense. And YOU might actually be viewed as the aggressor in the eyes of the law...assuming you live.

That is NOT a situation I would want to have to defend myself against in a court of law.

This is a REALLY bad idea. You should seriously rethink this. :rolleyes:
Yep.
Don't engage unless you intend to go full contact. It's frustrating to just let things deteriorate, but the unfortunate reality of the moment is that a citizen has more to lose. By design IMO.

I rarely tell someone else what to do ...
I'll make an exception in this case.

Don't do it.

Way too many things can go wrong here...
Anything from , the criminal firing back with a "real" gun...To you getting sued...or jailed.
Andy

I would make it very uncomfortable to be in my yard. Things to trip on. Things to step on that stab feet. Motion activated sprinklers (for cats). All kinds of things to do to them!

IF your life is in danger, SHOOT THEM! If your life is not in danger tell them "Get the F*** AWAY FROM HERE!" If they get beligerant and you feel your life is in danger, SHOOT THEM DEAD!

Even the gang-bangers and Cali-Portlanders know what "Get the F*** AWAY FROM HERE!" means!

Popping some one with an air gun or less than leathal weapon is just assinine and asking for immediate trouble and begging for a cop to arrest you as well as an eventual cival lawsuit in which you will loose BIG TIME even if you win.

Don't take any chances. :cool:
Which One.jpg

I think a lot of poeple not in Portland don't realize how bad it is now. Just two days ago the police sat in their cars and watched as rioters set fires and broke out windows etc of many businesses. So what do we do as private citizens on our own property, just sit back and watch? I say no!
8E4CC23C-A7E5-4A02-AE0E-FCF27D9A9ADC.jpeg

If its a gated community, what keeps you from walking your dogs at night! Even High on Meth they understand dogs have teeth. Make things uncomfortable enough for them and they will find somewhere else to be! DR

I think a lot of poeple not in Portland don't realize how bad it is now. Just two days ago the police sat in their cars and watched as rioters set fires and broke out windows etc of many businesses. So what do we do as private citizens on our own property, just sit back and watch? I say no!
View attachment 1051048

It's sad to watch Portland slowly die.

It's sad to watch Portland slowly die.
I hear you. $16 million moved from police to social workers, traffic barrels, and park rangers. Unbelievable. Right now homeless and criminals can do almost anything they want at any time and they know it. Just 10 minutes ago taking kid to school a homeless scum in beat up pickup and some sort of camper ran red light right in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes. They have no reason to obey traffic laws or any other laws. People are fed up. Fe listen to this restaurant owner:

Also couple more shootings late last night reported on next door in one neighborhood only. Police blotter often shows around 15 shootings per night, often into homes or apartments. A guy in Gresham died not too long ago just sitting in his house he caught a stray bullet.
4F8085B3-1617-4A63-A431-941A6712B7F8.jpeg

Last Edited:
Man this is depressing!

What specifically prevented the LEOs from acting on this ?
The article referenced a new oregon law passed this summer which sounds like it bans pepper spray and their 4mm less than lethal rounds. I don't know anything about it just what I saw in the article.

Tbh, I have the sense that police are so defunded and unsupported now that they are saying "we are going to do the minimum required and not risk any officers safety at all". Can't hardly blame them really. My guess is they may be thinking it will get so bad that the pendulum will swing the opposite way and poeple will cry out for more police. 100% guess on my part from reading between the lines and observing behavior, and not based on any info from LEOs, info implying or saying that in any articles, or anything else, just my opinion/guess.

The article referenced a new oregon law passed this summer which sounds like it bans pepper spray and their 4mm less than lethal rounds. I don't know anything about it just what I saw in the article.

Tbh, I have the sense that police are so defunded and unsupported now that they are saying "we are going to do the minimum required and not risk any officers safety at all". Can't hardly blame them really. My guess is they may be thinking it will get so bad that the pendulum will swing the opposite way and poeple will cry out for more police. 100% guess on my part from reading between the lines and observing behavior, and not based on any info from LEOs, info implying or saying that in any articles, or anything else, just my opinion/guess.
I agree 100%. I would add that they probably also don't want to end up on the 5 o'clock news as a cop killing an unarmed "protester".

We took away all non-lethal responses - too mean.

There is literally nothing left between verbal commands and body bags.
I think that has been their intention all along. Keep pushing law abiding citizens into a corner until the pressure leads to an inevitable reaction. Spark the reaction. Then use the reaction to justify even more pressure and lockdowns until it eventually it becomes a chain reaction that melts the system down.

Crime has gotten so bad in our fenced and gated community within the city of Portland` that others are talking about inflicting pain against the criminals in the act as a possible deterrence for others (understaffed police will not respond to property crimes in the act, if they did they wrote a citation, no jail. The DA isn't prosecuting property crimes so no conviction, no punishment so no deterrence at all).

I don't think an air pistol would be accurate enough at distance to ensure no eye injury and we don't want obvious rifle carry on our property. As winter approaches and thick clothing will be worn, the sting will be less if any.

Any thoughts or feedback from experienced air gun shooters? Is there anything more potent than bear spray but not lethal? Or is deterrence just a bad idea even in a lawless society that has formed?
I have a .22 cal Ruger air rifle with a 4 power scope. That'll go though a couple jackets.

I think that has been their intention all along. Keep pushing law abiding citizens into a corner until the pressure leads to an inevitable reaction. Spark the reaction. Then use the reaction to justify even more pressure and lockdowns until it eventually it becomes a chain reaction that melts the system down.
Ditto this ! I modified the ending a bit!

Spark the reaction. Then use the reaction to justify even more pressure and lockdowns until it eventually it becomes a chain reaction that melts the system down, and at which time the Government will attempt to justify the need for MORE control.

What specifically prevented the LEOs from acting on this ?
The reduction of choice; now it's only go hand to hand or firearms. Police shooting into mobs, contrary to what the USA-Worst-Police-State-Ever!!!111 idiots chant and believe in their shriveled little hearts, has never been a go to thing in America.

Funny history. The individualized crowd control (made that up!) weapons/munitions came about as a way to decrease violence. Remember Chicago 1968? The old standard way to control a someone was to get a nice hard stick, practice with it, then use it to beat on people. Ie, hth without edged weapons. Hth against a mob was even more fun; everybody's swinging! Lots o' injuries. But made for very bad television.

Rubber bullets, pepper spray, tasers, paint balls, bean bags, etc, all that stuff does less damage than a man with a billy club. So they were adopted - get the job done without the injuries.

Fast forward to 2021. The current generation is shocked (SHOCKED!) at snot and tears and welts. Brutality! And the brainiaks in gov agree, so out those tools go.

And we're back at hand to hand fighting. But with the knowledge that you'll be internet famous if you're a cop filmed cracking some guy with your club. So I suspect that the cops, in the words of Robin Trower, say "I think I'll just sit this one out".

lol

Just noticed how the above has zero to do with the thread topic...

So back on topic. My advice is don't shoot anyone with a pellet gun. And if you do make sure there are no cameras on you.

What happened to just beating someone's bubblegum? Or at the very least, take them down via double leg/single leg/foreman's carry, whatever, and choke them unconscious. Or put them in some kind of choke submission and tell them to never come back again.
Learn some jiu jitsu or even just some wrestling, get comfortable with it, and defend your property with it. It doesn't leave marks for the most part and if they file a police report you can deny it because there is no marks.
I get the whole situation. I don't believe a weapon of any kind is a reasonable option in the society we live in. Most of Portland would vilify you for not accepting their homelessness drug addicted me talk problems. It is the social justice capital of the damn world.
Use a bit of martial arts and make them think a couple times before coming back. And if they come back with a weapon, especially a firearm, I think we all know what your options are then..
Please don't attack me for what I said..if cops won't help and weapons aren't very wise, physical force is needed. Whoop some bubblegum.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top