JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man it sickens me to read some of those Next Door app posts - and even more so to read how how the 'system' is doing little to nothing about the problems - but would most likely take action on a citizen using minimal tools and actions to defend their property. It's really depressing......

Man it sickens me to read some of those Next Door app posts - and even more so to read how how the 'system' is doing little to nothing about the problems - but would most likely take action on a citizen using minimal tools and actions to defend their property. It's really depressing......
Exactly! People need the tools and also have the willingness to use them. That's why this thread is so helpful imo (on the tools part I mean).

Re the willingness part, It's interesting on next door there are lots of poeple who are waiting for the system to save them but there are a huge number of people ready to do something right now. That RV one Fe there were tons and tons of ppl saying let's get together and drive them out, some examples below:
3E6BEE17-5874-4294-93CD-D3A4290C50BD.jpeg
957A5DB0-2F54-4217-B3BB-17168AE23E86.jpeg
76F65D03-642F-4044-8C75-CFCAD13D485C.jpeg

E0C3A36B-905C-4D77-BE9C-1C859456FB27.jpeg
67147286-EF23-4C18-A21C-97E396932BEF.jpeg
The park ranger one is in regards to Portland moving $1.4 million from police to hire more unarmed park rangers to help with shootings (I know that sounds like a joke, but not kidding, unfortunately).

All it does is give the crims more targets:

Last Edited:
The park ranger one is in regards to Portland moving $1.4 million from police to hire more unarmed park rangers to help with shootings (not kidding, unfortunately).
I am a bit confused with this 'Park Ranger' thing. I was reading a post a while back and someone mentioned it and I did not realize Portland had enough parks to actually have a dedicated 'Park Ranger' department? Please explain this to me!

I am a bit confused with this 'Park Ranger' thing. I was reading a post a while back and someone mentioned it and I did not realize Portland had enough parks to actually have a dedicated 'Park Ranger' department? Please explain this to me!
Tons of parks actually. They are all over and some guite big ones such as mt tabor park. But I'm guessing they had adequate rangers to take care of the parks. These new ones are for gun violence in theory. But my question is what do they do while on duty, sit in the truck and wait around to move the sprinklers?

Gun violence in the parks? I know there have been some people with guns in parks but is it a rampant problem? And are these 'Park Rangers' going to have some sort of LEO creds?
Yep makes no sense to anyone with common sense in my personal opinion. And no, just park rangers no Leo creds or anything like that is my understanding. Just like traffic barrels are going to reduce gun violence. I'm sure the gangbangers are quaking in their boots when they see those barrels and probably decide they need to move to another state or just give up a life of crime altogether (smh).

Personally the idea of pelting them with a full mag of pepper balls from a second story window while a real gun waits at ur feet if needed sounds like a good place to be. But maybe the pepperballs put u at risk legally?
As others have noted, pepper balls are uber expensive, however if you just identify as a monkey and throw your feces at them, it's much less expensive and I think you're within the confines of the law....

That RV one Fe there were tons and tons of ppl saying let's get together and drive them out, some examples below:
I understand completely and appreciate their enthusiasm but I doubt many would actually carry out their ideas. Lets face it - many of the types they would be trying to drive out are hideously looking, scary people. I have see many of these types myself and if the Griswalds in the family truckster were to try intermittent horn blowing, or anything else they mentioned it could possibly turn out very badly for them.

I suspect all it would take is for the zombies to emerge and say 'Boo' and send the residents running.

Something is required that would cause extreme pain and discomfort to them, to the point they would scurry off like rats leaving a sinking ship and never return. Unfortunately something this effective would not be legal and is little more than a fantasy.

I can picture it, out there in a hazmat suit hosing down junkies with skunk juice, priceless.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/noveske-x-urt-squrt-rifle-water-hog-5000.390053/
You could fill the paint balls with that stuff the sea shepherd used to throw onto whaling boats. I'm not sure what it was but maybe Butyric acid. Saw this site describing it, they called them rotten butter bombs. I've also heard that very old wild rhubarb fermented in a container is one of the worst smells u will ever encounter.

Um...this is a MONUMENTALLY stup...errr...bad idea.

Just because you don't happen to see that the thief has a gun, doesn't mean that he doesn't have one. And what do you think he'll do if you or a neighbor starts shooting at him?

And here's a really fun thought...let's say the bad guy is breaking into a car on the street or in somebody's driveway. He's not physically harming anyone, not near anyone, or even moving toward anyone. He poses no physical threat.

Then you or a neighbor starts shooting your airgun at him. Except he doesn't know it's only an airgun...he see's your gun and thinks it's real...and now he's in fear for his life...so he pulls out his REAL gun and starts shooting back!

In that situation, he may have a legitimate legal grounds for self defense. And YOU might actually be viewed as the aggressor in the eyes of the law...assuming you live.

That is NOT a situation I would want to have to defend myself against in a court of law.

This is a REALLY bad idea. You should seriously rethink this. :rolleyes:

Chuck a road flare under it and watch them scatter or burn.
Uh, this is no joke......

Earlier this summer there were three motorhome fires in one day in an area SE of
LaPine that is known to be a homeless encampment.

Two of the fires were relatively close to one another and the other was about a mile away but due to the timing it was thought to be arson.

Uh, this is no joke......

Earlier this summer there were three motorhome fires in one day in an area SE of
LaPine that is known to be a homeless encampment.

Two of the fires were relatively close to one another and the other was about a mile away but due to the timing it was thought to be arson.
I wasn't joking.
To edit: I don't actually condone that behavior or would I expect someone to actually do it. The idea is that they would have to move the RV or it would burn. Of course, it's certainly not a good idea, but, hopefully, the tweakers self preservation reflex would kick in and they'd split.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top