JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Danger, Danger
If you or one of your neighbors pulls out something that resembles a gun (paintball, airsoft, bb gun), to defend personal property, that you are not allowed to defend with lethal force in this state, and said dirtbag reasonably believes that you/neighbor has an actual firearm, and then they open up on you/neighbor with real bullets, guess what, you are the initial aggressor. If you shoot back with real bullets, you will not be able to claim self defense. not legal advice but feel pretty comfortable with this information...check with your attorney.

I get it...it sucks big time. Sharing a cell with your new husband sucks more. (No pun intended.) If you live in Portland and don't think they will go after you (as opposed to antifa, blm, rioters etc.) think again. Same with the bear spray, it's for bears and they (prosecutors) will say that your level of force is not "reasonable" since there are 50 cans of spray intended for humans hanging on the shelf at Sportsman's right next to stuff intended for ursus arctos horribilis.

It pains me to type this, but I just don't want to see worse things (bad is already happening) to good people.
What about salt gun to kill flys? It's bright yellow and has orange tip. Waving that around in yard killing flys shouldn't raise an eyebrow I would think?

What if you had paintball gun loaded with pepperballs and the whole gun is painted fluorescent orange? I'm not trying to be a jerk here or just being argumentative, I'm just trying to flesh out what a person in Pdx could actually use. Sorry if it comes accross as argumentative don't mean it to be, thx!

Forget the air-pistol, a good old fashioned asswhooping is in order.
FYI lots of the catalytic converter thieves etc come in pairs and sometimes as many as 3-4 people (3-4 is much more rare, usually it's 2 people, based on first hand accounts in Nextdoor). But backyard breakins, peeping toms, and package thieves are often 1 person. Many home breakins are 2 people from what I have seen lately.

Plus u lose any advantage u have once u engage them physically, Fe what if their partner is in the car accross the street and has a gun just as an example. U go from a position of extreme advantage to right on their level immediately. I would not want to give up that advantage cuz too many crazies out there and it's almost guaranteed that even if one person they will have a knife based on what I've seen in Pdx first hand reports and what I have seen personally in carjackings. Sorry if u were simply making a joke this assumes u are serious but u may not have been at all.

Personally the idea of pelting them with a full mag of pepper balls from a second story window while a real gun waits at ur feet if needed sounds like a good place to be. But maybe the pepperballs put u at risk legally?

Last Edited:
Sorry if it comes accross as argumentative don't mean it to be, thx!
Not taking it that way at all. We all need to remember that what is reasonable to 90% of us on this forum will not be seen that way by the folks who decide if we get charged with a crime, especially in Mult. Co. It's wrong, crazy, treason-ist even...but is is unfortunately the reality we live in, especially in those areas. Some prosecutors have shown their colors of not being faithful to the oath of their offices.

I would recommend the Green Lawn & Garden edition….I has more oomph.
Ooh more power, yea baby! For the yellow one (version 3 maybe?) I took very course sea salt and ground it up and make a "buck and ball" mixture by mixing medium-fine with coarse (or I guess it could be called fine + medium coarse). Dang it works good! But more power is better! They need to come out with a full auto compressed air version! Had to file down the front sight to a nub for it to be accurate on mine fwiw.

Ooh more power, yea baby! For the yellow one (version 3 maybe?) I took very course sea salt and ground it up and make a "buck and ball" mixture by mixing medium-fine with coarse (or I guess it could be called fine + medium coarse). Dang it works good! But more power is better! They need to come out with a full auto compressed air version! Had to file down the front sight to a nub for it to be accurate on mine fwiw.
8DA4B98F-B30F-48A0-9A77-7166275BEDBD.jpeg
For shock and awe power you could get this one

Motion activated sprinklers... :s0062:
FYI orbi also makes a WiFi sprinkler controller u can activate from ur phone. Not that much more $ than a battery powered one. U can manually start sprinkler from ur phone.

I thought about suggesting sprinklers to the lady regarding the dangerous RV people in the Nextdoor example post led above (reposted below). I think it may have worked! But I thought better of it cuz what if she did it then those lowlifes attacked her or something. Here it is again to save having to backtrack FYI:
383C5563-38ED-4E8C-A7E5-C23182685F9B.jpeg

Set up a few snares in random places staked deep.
FYI fifth ops has some cool options along those lines. I have found their shotgun shell holding trip alarms to be reliable (in testing). I just take a trap shell and remove everything except the base and primer. Pretty loud. Of course u can use other stuff too. I haven't been keeping up with it they may have pepper shells etc I see they have flash bang type shells fwiw. I seem to recall tauflaudermouse did some pepper shell testing but I can't remember if they tested out in the open like with these trip alarms or just in a shotgun.

Edit: wow just looked at that pick and their flash bangs are 172db? That's like standing next to a short barrel AR shooting with a compensator. Holy smokes that's loud. Just need to figure out how to hook up that orbi wifi sprinkler thing with these so you can set them off with ur phone ha ha. Hmmm must resist temptation to try it cuz I have both. . . :p You could always have the rotating sprinkler hooked up to the trip wire, that would do it... ok need to stop thinking about this crazy stuff...:p
6D5D17D5-737C-4795-8199-1389D525FA4D.png

Last Edited:

ORS 161.219
Limitations on use of deadly physical force in defense of a person

Notwithstanding the provisions of ORS 161.209 (Use of physical force in defense of a person), a person is not justified in using deadly physical force upon another person unless the person reasonably believes that the other person is:

(1)

Committing or attempting to commit a felony involving the use or threatened imminent use of physical force against a person; or

(2)

Committing or attempting to commit a burglary in a dwelling; or

(3)

Using or about to use unlawful deadly physical force against a person. [1971 c.743 §23]

Sounds to me like #2 is castle doctrine... no airgun required. Firearm required.

Man U read my mind with this post! I've been thinking of a way to stop thieves such as catalytic converter thieves with non deadly force. Also what about crazy person rifling through stuff in your back yard as an example.

What do u guys think about pepper ball guns? I was thinking of a regular paintball full auto gun but loaded with pepperballs instead of paintballs. Thoughts?

As far as steel BB guns (talking about low powered steel BB guns such as 400fps full auto guns, not high powered pellet guns), my understanding that for Portland if the police want to (do police still exist here? ha ha) they can prosecute you as if it were a firearm (assault, illegal discharge within city, etc). But two things come to mind here: (1) in the past, say 3-4 years ago, when listening to scanner if it was a steel BB gun they would just ignore it. This happened all the time. (2) In the past, again say 2-3 years ago, high profile steel BB gun cases such as the guy shooting from a rooftop causing a "mass shooter" scare DID get prosecuted. So I just don't know on lower power steel BB guns.

Seems to me the factors to sonsidier are:

1) effectiveness: will it make them so uncomfortable that they never come back or hopefully think twice before robbing someone else? A steel BB gun machine gun would make them uncomfortable, so would pepperballs I think.

2) likeliness to get in trouble with the law
Are pepperballs exempt from "firearm" laws? I think 12 gauge loaded with rock salt or pepper 12 gauge round would get u in trouble imo. And of course every persons risk tolerance for this is different.
Those pepper balls are what many Cops use at mobs. Yes they work, one problem with them is cost. They are pricey. The other problem is in many places it's not what you choose to shoot at the scum with, it's that you did it at all. Sadly voters in MANY places keep saying they want to protect the scum.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top