JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The site I am doing pest control at was target rich at first providing 15 or more opportunities a visit. Now that I have trimmed the starlings and pigeons back a fair bit, the opportunities are way less and the shots are way further than before. I have had to up my game a bit with equipment and technique to keep the flying rats falling. My longest confirmed kill so far has been 103 yds on a starling. Great trigger time in lean times for firearm food and I get the health benefits of some cardio hand pumping those pcp's.
103 yards, excellent! Tedsholdover on YouTube says to kill the first starlings that come in cuz they will be all males, and then the females won't come in to nest so they will be essentially gone from the area. Sure worked for me. I remember killing 36 starlings in one day a few years ago and this year there has only been three total. Cuts their population down tremendously.

We stopped having BB gun wars when the kid down the street got a pump up Crosman pellet gun.
When we got our pellet guns, had a one-pump rule at first for our BB wars. After a couple two-pump hits we had to give up on them for our wars. Red Ryders on your friends, Crosman on your food.

BE26A497-3E02-4151-A87B-86F8ED3A1807.jpeg

Learning new things all the time. I didn't know that Chipmonks were a protected species. I looked it up and they are, yet in another section it notes that they are common. I wonder if the want them left alone so that certain raptors can have a regular nosh.

I know that Portland has made harming Pigeons illegal, and the reason is that with all of the grain ships and trains spillage, it attracts rats, and they see the pigeons as grain eaters who's function is to keep the rat food (and thus rats) levels down.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top