JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to rent a place this winter for a few days/half week possibly that I could just relax at and would have access to legal shooting within a reasonable walking distance, preferably off the back porch haha...if anyone knows of a place or has an idea of a place near Portland/Vancouver area let me know!

Maybe not an Airbnb but we fired my Trapdoor Springfield off the back deck at Mayville Flat's cabin/house when I was smallmouth bass fishing with Mah Hah Outfitters. I cleared it with the owners first (it's a shooting preserve so yeah it's cool I think was the answer). It was offseason for their bird guide business so probably a better for the summer. But who knows, best bet is to email them.

Maybe not an Airbnb but we fired my Trapdoor Springfield off the back deck at Mayville Flat's cabin/house when I was smallmouth bass fishing with Mah Hah Outfitters. I cleared it with the owners first (it's a shooting preserve so yeah it's cool I think was the answer). It was offseason for their bird guide business so probably a better for the summer. But who knows, best bet is to email them.

Excellent, thank you I will definitely look into this!

Big K ranch is another one. I enjoyed it but it's more on the spendy side. Can't shoot off the back porch either cause the cabins are clustered together.

Bump to this great question. Anyone aware of other options for lodging that allows shooting nearby/on property?

The dream would be a setup like hickok45 has, right out the back door, but I'm guessing lawsuits prevent anything like that from being rented out. Just a place to set up and shoot nearby without bothering anyone would be great, especially if elec and wifi is available.

Not exactly off the back porch, but there is an easily accessible gravel berm area just a few miles east from Sunriver, a bit south of Bend. I've shot there when staying at a friend's house in Sunriver within the last year it two. There are lots of vacation rentals in Sunriver.

Looked like there may be several decent areas, but this one was closest. Less than 10 minutes with a vehicle.

Not exactly off the back porch, but there is an easily accessible gravel berm area just a few miles east from Sunriver, a bit south of Bend. I've shot there when staying at a friend's house in Sunriver within the last year it two. There are lots of vacation rentals in Sunriver.

Looked like there may be several decent areas, but this one was closest. Less than 10 minutes with a vehicle.
Renting near any good range seems an easier option, but having privacy would be the biggest selling point of some getaway like this. Having a private spot to shoot all day intermittently, zero/swap optics, shoot while moving, and do it all while not having to worry about friendly fire or thieves is really what I'm looking for.

See if there's anything here?

Neat site, unfortunately there's only one spot on the western half of the country.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top