JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If your air purifier has an Ozone generator in it I would keep it out of my safe. It degrades some materials.
A Golden rod does not remove any humidity from your safe. it works by keeping the humidity from condensing into water. That's why they work trouble free for long periods of time and don't have a water bucket to be emptied.
If your pet hair is attracted to your safe, you may want to try an anti static spray or dryer sheets hanging in the safe. Static attracts hair, anti static repels it. Just my two cents. DR

If your air purifier has an Ozone generator in it I would keep it out of my safe. It degrades some materials.
A Golden rod does not remove any humidity from your safe. it works by keeping the humidity from condensing into water. That's why they work trouble free for long periods of time and don't have a water bucket to be emptied.
If your pet hair is attracted to your safe, you may want to try an anti static spray or dryer sheets hanging in the safe. Static attracts hair, anti static repels it. Just my two cents. DR
True if it did have one could be a problem. And yes the rods just move the air and do just what you stated! I have an Eva Dry on the top shelf to grab some of the moisture the rod pushes up. And great idea about the dryer sheets hanging them like decorations and make the safe smell amazing 😄

I had thought of putting one of the water collecting dehumidifier but the thought of open water in my safe may make things worse. #1 If it does not get changed overflow and #2 moisture ratio may get off more than it can handle and the machine not work well.

I live where it is very dry. Average humidity runs 15% in the 9 dry months. So I only run a string of rope lights in my safes. That little bit of heat keeps my safe dry and makes enough light to see the back corners of the safe. DR

I live where it is very dry. Average humidity runs 15% in the 9 dry months. So I only run a string of rope lights in my safes. That little bit of heat keeps my safe dry and makes enough light to see the back corners of the safe. DR

Yeah that's sure dry. On the topic of lights how do you like the rope lights? I almost went that route but I'm going to wire the led strips and see how that turns out. Not like the kits with 3 or 4 strips that connect with the DC adapter style plugs.

There are these connection clips that attach to the led strip where you cut it. They have 90° Ts and just plan wire running from each to the motion sensor. Pretty nifty and you can do the RGB multi color leds so you can make the inside of safe whatever color you like I will include the links and watch the demo video they have!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078VBVVMW/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_WNYRENF00P2FESB24WXE

To be honest , the rope lights are about 8 years old, long before you had all those options. They are plain white strings, now with about 25% of the bulbs burned out. I guess its time to upgrade!
My safe already had an opening for the cord, or I would never have put them in. But the new lights have a flat cord that can pass through the door.

To be honest , the rope lights are about 8 years old, long before you had all those options. They are plain white strings, now with about 25% of the bulbs burned out. I guess its time to upgrade!
My safe already had an opening for the cord, or I would never have put them in. But the new lights have a flat cord that can pass through the door.
My safe included an LED light set around the door, a drying rod and a motion sensor to turn the lights on when the door is opened. My other safe does not have an AC power so I bought a set of LED lights, a motion sensor, and a AA battery pack to power my LED lights. I just use a rechargeable Eva Dryer that plugs into the wall for recharging.

My safe included an LED light set around the door, a drying rod and a motion sensor to turn the lights on when the door is opened. My other safe does not have an AC power so I bought a set of LED lights, a motion sensor, and a AA battery pack to power my LED lights. I just use a rechargeable Eva Dryer that plugs into the wall for recharging.
I had the option when buying my safe to get the Upgrade package for $200 extra. But wanted to go another route. Ordered the RGB LED strips I mentioned before but was not happy with the "white" color it was more of a blue. So I'm going the original route. Plan on getting a safe just for ammo at some point and would like to go with what you did. Simple and convenient :s0155:

Haha hey whatever worked! Always room for improvement I plan on doing a write up on installing the lights when they get here and I have the time. Going to be a clean nice install!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top