JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all you fine folk of NWF! Recently acquired my safe and love it. I was seeing if anyone uses an air purifier in there safe to keep dust, hair etc out. It's inside and temp controlled room just have a few large dogs and there hair gets everywhere 😄

I have a Golden Rod and an Eva Dry reusable dehumidifier. But I do not know if the air purifier would affect the environment inside the safe? Any info or ideas would be great.

Thanks!

Dirty air isn't near as bad as humidity. Not needed in my opinion.

It wouldn't hurt anything, but I don't necessarily think it's really all that needed, either.

A treated gun/rifle sock might be another option. I use them on most all of my firearms that likely won't be out partying for an extended period. They seem to do a great job keeping them clean and "fresh" as the day you socked them.

Dirty air isn't near as bad as humidity. Not needed in my opinion.
Yeah humidity is the #1 problem I have that addressed. Just having Door open if that is for a while moving stuff around or organizing guns how much hair would be in there when I close it.

Sounds like a training issue more than anything. Your dog really shouldn't be regularly fondling your firearms unsupervised in the first place. Paws OFF! ;)

1654286593768.png

Yeah humidity is the #1 problem I have that addressed. Just having Door open if that is for a while moving stuff around or organizing guns how much hair would be in there when I close it.
Vacuuming regularly helps with this too!

It wouldn't hurt anything, but I don't necessarily think it's really all that needed, either.

A treated gun/rifle sock might be another option. I use them on most all of my firearms that likely won't be out partying for an extended period. They seem to do a great job keeping them clean and "fresh" as the day you socked them.
Sounds like a training issue more than anything. Your dog really shouldn't be regularly fondling your firearms unsupervised in the first place. Paws OFF! ;)

View attachment 1213503
Hahaha yeah need to change my pass code! I do like socks my grandfather swore by them and I keep the safe queens in them. Hold in the oil off the guns and prevents rust.

I read a thread on here about gun rods for your safe and making enough room. One guy said he just took out the gun divider shelf puts them all in socks and leans them on each other. Seemed like a good idea if you store more than you shoot.

40 year user of gun safes and all I ever saw the need for is a goldenrod. Also a lifelong labrador retriever owner.
What do you use for a dehumidifier? I have 2 Newfoundland's so it's pretty hairy. I mean we clean often but its always there and you can't get it all haha

@Ura-Ki - care to weigh in on this one?

I think an air purifier is only needed when you have gas guns that misbehave. They can be noisome and uncouth.
Newfie Floof is magical, you get it everywhere ( Kinda like fairy Dust) and cannot ever get rid of it, I got Newfie Floof dating back 3000 years! J/K
I don't use anything but a golden rod in my safes, and don't worry too much about the Floof!

Newfie Floof is magical, you get it everywhere ( Kinda like fairy Dust) and cannot ever get rid of it, I got Newfie Floof dating back 3000 years! J/K
I don't use anything but a golden rod in my safes, and don't worry too much about the Floof!
Lmao that's what I'm saying most don't understand the amount of "floof" they make its hard to get a hold of 😂 vacuum, clean all you want and it's back!

Yes I looked into a Peet dryer before I got the golden rod it was a deal so I went with it. But I've heard good things about it. What's your take?
I like the PEET since my drying rod was too small for the size of safe I bought. I mounted it in the front left corner and it does a good job of keeping my safe at around 50% humidity.

Last Edited:
I like the PEET since my drying rod was too small for the size of safe I bought. I mounted it in the front left corner and it does a good job of keeping may safe at around 50% humidity.
That's one thing that really got me thinking about the Peet. It fits in a corner and is out of the way. I've used there boot dryers alot back in MN. Nothing better than a nice dry warm pair of boots on the way out to ice fish :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top