JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WE SAW THAT! I got choked up. :oops: I usually don't care for Antiques Road Show. So much dopey stuff I couldn't care less about.

Bless him.

I saw a quick clip of this yesterday and it REALLY caught my eye because of the watch...

Dopey watch fanboy stuff:
The Paul Newman Watch, as it has come to be known, is part of a limited run of one-off Daytona Cosmographs produced in 1969... this fella had one of the other ones.

The PN watch has special value in that it was a gift to him in '69 and inscribed "Be Safe" in reference to his budding racing passion by wife (actress, and classy broad) Joanne Woodward... it sold at auction for an estimated $17-21 MILLION.

As a flat-walleted watch nerd I went looking for something similar in a mechanical. I'm no kind of star-f**ker (although if you had to come up with the coolest 3 cats in Hollywood, he'd be on the podium w Steve McQueen and Clint Eastwood), I just thought the beige panda face w black subdials was super cool looking and wanted something similar... turned out to be harder than I expected, but I got close enough, IMO
20190825_084914.jpg

Congratulations to the vet, he seemed like a real character. High falutin' watch collectors from around the world will be bidding on this long lost gem.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads