JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Best Bang for the Buck in RedDot sights -

Aimpoint CS only available From Midway - (just a midway customer)
Aimpoint CS Red Dot Sight 26mm Tube 1x 2 MOA Dot with Integrated Picatinny-Style Mount Matte - MidwayUSA

I just got mine about 2 weeks ago. Holds zero perfect - Built like a tank.

I had held off for a long time moving to a High Tech sight - I guess that it is years of working in the Hi-Tech field - that has kept me old school - it takes a lot for Iron sights not to work when you need them.

I have seen to much high tech equipment - have issues - dead batteries, switches that you have to turn on etc,

In a Life or death situation - I want something that is grab and go, why add one extra step to slow you down.

I was sold when I saw the Integrated BUIS. I had chewed on the Trijicon Reflex Sight and the Meprolight reflex and the other self-powered sights.

The CS is also always on; I leave it on about the 12th or 13th position with 80,000+ hour battery life - this was important for Home defense or in Grab-n-go for CQB.

The front flip up sight is waterproof and dust proof, but is not transparent - (I found that it did'nt matter - The open eye co-witness - paper plates at 25 yards with the flip up cover closed -reassured me that it did'nt matter open or closed ( you still get the red dot and it is superimposed when your using two-eyes).

This is first a Close Combat Optic sight and a extended range second.

The other issue that had stopped me is that your investment did'nt stop with just the Sight, it was all the extras that added up quickly. i.e. $26 rubber cover, $36 Kill Flash, $17 See through rear cover, $54 Flip up Front cover, $94 Twist mount. The CS comes with all these standard - One thing would have made it perfect would have been a user replaceable AA battery. I am ready to buy one more.

119389.jpg

So if and when you need to replace the battery, how do you go about it?

It has to be sent back to Aimpoint USA - I did'nt try to open it to find out - but it looks to be AA in size ( not the fat stubby CR123 like is used in some flashlights)

This battery place sells a AA size 3.6V - Ultra High Energy Density AA sized Primary Lithium Thionyl Chloride battery They are about $3 and have a 10- year shelf life - I don't think that Aimpoint is going anywhere - but anything is possible in this day and age.
http://www.all-battery.com/primarylithiumthionylchloridebatteryaasize36v2400maher14505nonrechargeable.aspx

Available for the first time in the United States and only at MidwayUSA, the Aimpoint CS red dot sight was developed by Aimpoint to fulfill the needs of the Swedish Armed Forces. The Aimpoint CS can be used on most firearms supporting a Picatinny rail. Like all Aimpoint sights, the CS sight is rugged and reliable, though it differs from the Aimpoint CompM and CompML series on several features. The Aimpoint CS sight uses a fixed AA battery which together with the Aimpoint CET diode has an incredible runtime of 80,000 hours (more than 9 years) on the highest daytime setting. That is 79,000 hours more than the nearest competitor using the same battery. The rugged rubber surface protects the sight from shocks and adds an additional stealth factor. On top of the sight, an integrated Picatinny rail system allows the mounting of a laser device, tactical light or similar devices. Back-up iron sights are integrated on top of the sight. If you have been looking for something different that no one else has, this is it. This Aimpoint CS is one of the most unique sights ever offered, and it won't be around for long. Get yours before it is too late, quantities are extremely limited.

Technical Information: Aimpoint CS

Optical Magnification: 1x, unlimited eye relief
Battery Type: One 3.6 Volt, AA-size, Lithium battery
Battery Life: 10 years continuous use on setting 13 out of 16
Housing: Extruded, high strength aluminum, hard anodized, black, non-glare finish. Sight body is protected by a rubber cover, matte black.
Mount: Mounts to MIL-STD 1913 Rail System "Picatinny Rail" by means of two clamps and nuts
Temperature Range, Operating: -50 degrees F to +160 degrees F
Immersion: Immersible to 33 feet
Dimensions (L x W x H): 5.1" x 2.6" x 2.7", including lens covers
Weight: 13.8 oz
Dot Brightness: 16 settings - 7 NVD, 8 Daylight and 1 Extra Bright (for use together with laser protection goggles)
Optical Coating: Anti reflex, 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generation NVD compatible

Notes:
# No tools are required to zero the sight.
# A killFlash anti-reflection device is included. It can be removed by flipping it out of the lens cover.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top