JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It depends on what your range is in reality. I use the Eotech and MARS on the KRISS SUPER V. Those are clearly the best two for that .45 ACP Carbine. For the AR15/M16/FS2000/SCAR I use the Aimpoint/C-More for short range and a Trijicon Acog or Elcan Specter for medium range. Done and done.

I agree with Cocktailer the Aimpoint battery life exceeds that of the Eotech.

So what is your budget? Thats the next question.

It depends on what your range is in reality. I use the Eotech and MARS on the KRISS SUPER V. Those are clearly the best two for that .45 ACP Carbine. For the AR15/M16/FS2000/SCAR I use the Aimpoint/C-More for short range and a Trijicon Acog or Elcan Specter for medium range. Done and done.

I agree with Cocktailer the Aimpoint battery life exceeds that of the Eotech.

So what is your budget? Thats the next question.

Fortunately, I have the budget to buy pretty much what I want without going hog wild, but the Larue combo price is within my budget.

What about NVG considerations? I wanted an Aimpoint, but got a 553 because I heard it was better for NVG.

Not really concerned with NVG for what I am going to do with this rifle. Any decent NVG would probably cost more than my entire rifle and optics setup.

If it ever gets to the point where I am forced to be in a firefight in complete darkness I'm probably pretty much hosed anyway. :s0114:

Thanks. I knew that battery life was better on the Aimpoint, but how much better? One thing I did hear was that when the Eotech was turned off it was still drawing a little battery power. Is that true?

The batteries in my 512 will drain and die, just sitting in the safe. The batteries in my aimpoints havn't yet,,,

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top