Aimpoint 1000 Broken

ZigZagZeke

Reactions
I have an Aimpoint 1000 that's broken. The diode was burned out and the previous owner tried to fix it. He got as far as removing the old diode. Anybody know of anyone who works on this kind of thing? Aimpoint said they couldn't fix it because it's too old. Probably why the previous owner tried to fix it himself.

Reactions
Do you have the old broken part? Installing a diode is actually child's play. Can't believe aim point said no.....
If you know the value of the part, and can get a replacement, installing it should not be a huge problem, that is if that's the only thing wrong with it.
If there is no source for the part, (most probably the main L.E.D.) then it is pretty much garbage.

OP
ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke

Reactions
I have some 1.5 mm, 3 volt, high intensity diodes on the way. I'm not sure how they will mount, since the old one is long gone, but I'm going to play with it and see if I can get it to work. If I do, is there someplace around here where I can get the tube refilled with argon?

UPCOMING EVENTS

Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    My Go To For FTF Transfers and The only FFL I ship to.
    I use a Cut Above for Everything firearm related. I'm in there for something at least weekly. The team is great and the prices are great. You...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    They make transfers very easy
    My preferred place for transfers. The staff has always been very friendly. Even with the background checks sometimes taking forever, they are...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    1.00 star(s)
    met a member to sell a gun
    worst experience I have ever had treated as tho i was stealing from them have you ever met someone and with that initial moment you know there's...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome store
    been shopping here for years now, so has my grandfather. they provide excellent services
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
Top Bottom