JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been keeping up with AI and camera monitoring software. It's all coming along startlingly fast, however with some room for error, particularly for facial recognition and anyone ambiguously ethnic.

They've been studying gait, and most of what I've read is associated with that. If you're carrying, they detect it through gait as well as obvious printing. Spooky.
monty-python-silly-walk-feature.jpg 51CGrZ6cH8L._AC_.jpg

I fail to understand why detecting a gun in the hand is useful when you can see it.
Am I missing something?
AI can watch way more cameras at once that a human can. It can provide a map of detected locations of a gun in hand. This would be very useful data to first responders. Used properly (yeah, I know) it has the potential to save lives.

After the Las Vegas mass shooting the major hotels announced that they would install hidden firearms detectors

LOL, he allegedly had them hidden in suitcases, so they are not really addressing the situation. Unless, are they going to put in airport scanners? Sounds bad for business.

This isn't exactly new technology. Its been around for decades.

The video analytics are incredible and you'd be amazed at what the analytics are capable of.

"According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 7.94% of the 4,572 workplace deaths in 2019 were due to gun violence."

Pretty vague stats, BLS.
What year? How many were actually killed in the line of duty? Murdered during a robbery? During a riot? During a terrorist operation? Mugged in the parking lot or underground garage by a common street thug? Offed themselves because Debra at the reception desk rejected them? Killed by a whack job TV reporter on camera? Killed by a stranger while on a remote jobsite? Shot and killed while repossessing a vehicle? Had nothing at all to do with "workplace violence" and everything to do with criminal psychopathy but happened while on the clock?
Hmmmmmmmmm?

"We can only assume that the less guns we have in the workplace, the less likely there would be to have gun violence in the workplace," Whitcomb said... "-a hack beuracrat mouthpiece for some 3rd level .gov agency.

Is that right, Mr Whitcomb? So police stations, gun shops, ranges, gun shows, military bases, and sporting goods stores must be hotbeds of gun violence? All of those people are in danger AND dangerous? At the same time?

His assumption is an OPINION, nothing more and considerably less because it's based on nothing... he actually managed to provide his own confirmation bias... something only government employee would be dumb enough to do, out loud, in print.

Shove it, flunky.

I'll admit I didn't read the article in OP. But the topic brought to mind this video which I thought was intriguing. There are many different ways to utilize AI, this approach is just simply teaching to look for specific images. These folks are good, pro 2A people but I worry that the AI developed would be used for nefarious purposes.
No No No NO No!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top