JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
it will be if you cant pass thru the detector. Technology only improves....
This is why they're worried about 3D printed guns and polymer guns. It will be much harder to detect with that technology compared to metal framed pistols.

I see a business opportunity for someone: Heated holsters, so your CC is always the same temperature as your body. Thermal imaging wouldn't know the difference between the gun and your skin.

austinpowerspump.png

I see a business opportunity for someone: Heated holsters, so your CC is always the same temperature as your body. Thermal imaging wouldn't know the difference between the gun and your skin.
My initial thought was to dump a Big Gulp down my pants just before approaching the wretched thing. Who's with me? CURRAHEE!!! :s0055:

I've been keeping up with AI and camera monitoring software. It's all coming along startlingly fast, however with some room for error, particularly for facial recognition and anyone ambiguously ethnic.

They've been studying gait, and most of what I've read is associated with that. If you're carrying, they detect it through gait as well as obvious printing. Spooky.

I'll admit I didn't read the article in OP. But the topic brought to mind this video which I thought was intriguing. There are many different ways to utilize AI, this approach is just simply teaching to look for specific images. These folks are good, pro 2A people but I worry that the AI developed would be used for nefarious purposes.

Matt Bracken describes a device worn on the belt below a shirt or jacket by the BAtfinks in his book Enemies Foreign and Domestic that detects a concealed weapon. Th BAtfink can discretely pass by the mark and find out if they are packing before moving in for the kill....often used to justify shooting dogs and women carrying babies.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top