JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Used these al the time back in Reno. We had pigeons all over. I could manually cycle these through my 10/22 or 22/45 and shoot from inside the house.

I still have a brick and no more pigeons to kill :(

Used these al the time back in Reno. We had pigeons all over. I could manually cycle these through my 10/22 or 22/45 and shoot from inside the house.

I still have a brick and no more pigeons to kill :(
When inside the barn at night, you want something that won't make holes in the roof if you can't get a beam behind them.:eek:

upload_2016-4-30_18-58-53.jpeg

upload_2016-4-30_19-3-28.jpeg

upload_2016-4-30_19-4-3.jpeg
upload_2016-4-30_18-59-53.jpeg

It depends on the walls, but I am betting the ammo I have would penetrate the walls of my shop (metal with insulation on the inside). I shot into a dry phone book and it went in over an inch.

Regular (not super) Colibri will go through 1/2" of sheetrock, 6" of insulation and put a TINY
dent in the metal siding of my shop.
Fir 2x4 mounted in a vise--it will leave the bullet sticking out about .030 from flush.

From a Ruger Gov't Target MkII or a Winchester 1900 boys rifle. They get squirrely
out of a 10-22. Erratic accuracy and you can see the bullet in flight.

Marlin Microgroove 22"-----they don't make it out of the bore.

I wouldn't use Colibri for much more than a mouse. The accuracy I've found is poor also. They are fun just for the total lack of noise though.

The Super Colibri is a lot more accurate, but louder. Still pretty quiet. Still not a raccoon load if you ask me.

Both will fudge up a chamber so a regular .22LR won't chamber. You will need to clean it up afterwards.

Any opinions on if the Aguila powderless 22 would be enough to easily kill a possum or racoon? Their website says "Perfect for hunting and target shooting at close range"... I'm not certain I want to find out it isn't so perfect at "close range"...

20grains at 420fps/8 ft lbs... at the muzzle.

http://www.aguilaammo.com/rimfire/
NO. 1B222337

View attachment 290513
I've been using the "super Calabri" round for years. Death on squirrels at 25 feet. No louder than a hand clap. A 16 inch barrel works fine. 26 inch may be a problem. Clean the bore frequently.

Regular (not super) Colibri will go through 1/2" of sheetrock, 6" of insulation and put a TINY
dent in the metal siding of my shop.
Fir 2x4 mounted in a vise--it will leave the bullet sticking out about .030 from flush.

From a Ruger Gov't Target MkII or a Winchester 1900 boys rifle. They get squirrely
out of a 10-22. Erratic accuracy and you can see the bullet in flight.

Marlin Microgroove 22"-----they don't make it out of the bore.
I use a single shot bolt action Savage Rascal. 16" barrel. No probs.

I have shot the "primer only" Super Colibri from a short barreled rifle (16") with no problems of it sticking in the bore - very quiet. Not sure if this is the same round though.
I shoot both Colibri and Super Colibri from a bolt action Marlin, without any issues. Both are quieter than the bolt cycling. I believe the Super Colibri is 600 fps compared to the 400 fps of the standard Colibri. They'd be dandy for shooting a mole, for example, but definitely NOT a coon. Coons are related to bears, remember. They're tough ! :)

I just got back from my local sporting goods store and picked up the Super Colibri. They work really nice in my Ruger Super Six, but I wouldn't use these indoors, lots of "SMOKE" after about 60 rounds, I found the cylinder was pretty gummed up and the bore had some good fouling as well. at least these Ruger's are easy to clean! These rounds work out to about 80 feet or so, but drop off like a brick. Up close, they have a nice WACK, just the thing if you have rats or other smaller pests!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top