JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Snippet:
The subject of gun control in America (or lack thereof) is a divisive topic. Now, the conclusions of a new study by University of Washington researchers are sure to incite further debate on both sides of the aisle. The authors say individual state laws barring 18-20 year olds from purchasing handguns make little to no difference in local gun-involved homicide rates among that age group.

Snippet:
The subject of gun control in America (or lack thereof) is a divisive topic. Now, the conclusions of a new study by University of Washington researchers are sure to incite further debate on both sides of the aisle. The authors say individual state laws barring 18-20 year olds from purchasing handguns make little to no difference in local gun-involved homicide rates among that age group.

It's almost as if people who would murder someone with a gun don't care about gun laws....

I'm shocked and dismayed that you folks have become so insensitive to the plight of drug dealers in America! How are these young entrepreneurs going to establish a market share, establish a neighborhood sales force and provide product to their customer base, without the benefits associated with stolen handguns or straw buyers? It's as if you simply don't care! I'll bet that some of you would even wish them to die while using their own products!

I wonder, was this report brought to us by the same school that provided all that fantastic covid-19 data?
Influential Covid-19 model uses flawed methods :s0140:
There are lies, damned lies and then there are statistics. Every gun that I ever took off a punk, gang banger was stolen or purchased by a "straw" buyer and then resold at a huge profit to thugs. I think that folks on this forum are making a mistake by showing their guns. The "guests" always outnumber the members by 2 to 1 or there about. Just my opinion.

As a 18-to under 21 year old hasn't been able to buy a handgun from a dealer for a very long time. Only those 18 to under 21's that could find someone to sell them used could buy one. So yea I doubt the "new law" would make squat difference.

Snippet:
Sigh, what a shock, yet another gun law does nothing. Still will not stop them from just making more. None of the gun laws ever do anything and the people pushing them through have to know they will not. The idea is to get the voters to except "just one more compromise" . Since if they are given one more law they will stop. I have been beating this dead horse for decades trying to tell gun owners there is no such thing as enough but I keep being on the losing side :s0054:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews